Benefit's liquid highlighters are among the most well known in the 'beauty realm', and I knew I had to try them! But does anyone ever know which one to pick out of the three? I ended up taking home 'Moon Beam', a 'golden apricot liquid highlighter', and 'High Beam', a "satiny pink liquid highlighter" to test and compare against each other.
(Also, I find the lack of posts comparing these two disappointing...so I made my own resource/reference!)
One Swipe, Unblended
As you can see, 'High Beam' is much starker than 'Moon Beam', and the latter is very subtle due to its apricot tone. (You can barely see 'Moon Beam'!)
SWATCHES ON MA FASE
Apologies in advance for my face; brace yo'selves. (Also, apologies, I tried a new foundation today and it made my face orange/really yellow ;-;) (Also, I have no idea what is happening with my nose...it's super weird)
Dotted along my cheekbones
Free for all/Freestyle? What is happening?
- My camera sucks at picking this up, but 'Moon Beam' is an iridescent apricot hue on the face, while 'Moon Beam' is just very silvery on the face.
- As you ~obviously~ see, 'High Beam' is more dramatic on the face, while 'Moon Beam' is subtle, and is more 'natural-looking'. You could bring the latter down to your cheeks and have really dewy, radiant cheeks. If you did that with 'High Beam', well, you can see in set #4 above (I mean, it's up to you, but it is very shimmery...)
- 'Moon Beam' blends in very easily...as in, it will disappear on you if you blend it in too much! I like to gently blend it in, focusing on the edges so the center colour is still intact.
- Some say 'Moon Beam' is for everyday, while 'High Beam' is for night outings/events/etc. I think it all depends on your skin tone!
- If you have sensitive skin, swatch on your skin to make sure this product doesn't cause a reaction! I put this on my mom once, and she later complained of itchiness on the areas where I applied 'Moon Beam'. I haven't experienced such a reaction, but it's a heads up anyways!
- Overall, I don't think I would be able to choose between the two now that I have them both! Both are good for different purposes (I'm leaning towards 'Moon Beam' because it's great for everyday and I have no night outings/events to wear 'High Beam' to, but that's just me.... ._.'')
|"What's your favourite colour?", AS IN, which would you choose?|