Tag: 13 Personal Questions {!!!}

I've been tagged by the lovely wonderful (and I really do mean wonderful!) Pauline over at Addicted to Makeup to do this 'Thirteen Personal Questions' post! I'm quite excited since it's my first tag, and to be chosen for anything makes me happy (childish, I know)!

Let the interrogation begin!
_________________________________________________________________

What do you order at Starbucks?
Java Chip frappuccino, all day, err'day, even in the dead of winter. ʘ‿ʘ

What's one thing in your closet you couldn't live without?
My gingham shirt! If you see in in real life, there's a 90% chance you'll see me wearing it, and I'm pretty sure the other shirts are jealous.

What's one thing people don't know about you?
Sometimes I have the weirdest crises in the shower. For example, I'll dispense product in my hand, and totally forget what it's for. Thank goodness I've never applied conditioner to my face. 



What's one thing you want to do before you die?
Definitely do something meaningful and significant for others--volunteering with those in need, whether it be local or international. I spent one summer in Asia, and let me tell you, that summer was life changing (and slightly traumatic!). Seeing firsthand the homeless and the poor on the street, and of varied ages, is something you'll never forget.

What is one food you can't live without?
Citrus and guavaberries. Frozen strawberries. Perfect snack anytime of the year :D

What's one quote that you live by?
YOLO Carpe diem!(?) (I see too many quotes on tumblr, but I can't think of anything fancy right now)

So cliche, but I've personally spent wayyyy too much time on my computer for the past few years. I'm making an effort to do more with my life--find time to read more books, spend less time on the computer, have new experiences and do things out of the ordinary, get out of my comfort zone, etc. It's time to shake things up!
I'm trying not to be a Kevin/Kal Penn!
OK, so I finally got a better quote- “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” ― John Bunyan

Bam.

What do you like and dislike about the blogging community?
I've been a long time reader of several blogs before finally creating 'Citron and Guavaberry' last month, and this may sound cliche, but interacting and finding people who have the same interests/knowledge as you is exciting and liberating! I can't really talk about makeup without annoying my real life friends (or they will just not know what I'm talking about), so having a blog is definitely a great outlet, as well as a great platform to build relationships with various bloggers from all over the world. It really does feel like I have a good, close-knit-ish group of friends/acquaintances to talk about makeup!

As for dislikes, I think Pauline pretty much puts it perfectly:

"What I dislike about the blogging community is the pressure to get "big" and by trying to get big they will try to either get new followers using the "follow for follow" method...I'd rather have someone follow me because they genuinely like my blog. I know I'm not the most skilled makeup artist/enthusiast out there, but I do know that I am genuinely passionate with what I have to say about makeup."

Preach!

Also, a minor dislike/peeve is when people misspell words in their review! I've seen wayyy too many mistakes such as 'pallet' (palette) and 'pours' (pores). I'm not expecting flawless syntax, grammar and spelling, but spelling these particular words are important if you want your reviews to be taken a bit more seriously. 

AND CAPTCHA! I mean, I'm all for captcha for deterring spam, but jeebus, I can barely read the signs/words sometimes, let alone have a robot read it. 

What is your number one song on iTunes?
I mean, I don't have iTunes, but it would probably be either 'Happy Ending'- Mika, or 'Island in the Sun'-Weezer, or 'The Magic Position' - Patrick Wolf (I swear it's not what you think it is!). Mika can do no wrong by me.

What kind of style would you describe yourself as having?
The worst kind. Classic? Chameleon? Probably. I do like to switch it up between tomboy-ish to ~dresses~, from office-ish wear to...'beachy'????? Because why not?

What is your favorite number?
The imaginary one. I don't have one, soOoOoo...

Two hobbies?
Doodling, and reading! Before I hoarded makeup, I spent roughly two years hoarding books! You wouldn't believe how few books I've actually read from my collection, and if I recall correctly, I've only read 1/3 of my collection...
Awww yiss, book fort!
I wasn't kidding--and this is only my collection from early last year. Anyone interested in seeing my updated shelves? ಠᴗಠ

Two pet peeves?
People who over think/over analyze a situation when unnecessary. Occam's Razor/YOLO/seize the day, people!

I also dislike it when people take me too seriously...for example, my tweets are 90% 'garbage'/dripping with sarcasm/immature/what I call 'humorous', and once I tweeted 'i feel like now would be a good time to create a myspace account'. Someone took this tweet too seriously and responded with "........uhm, why?" (Get it...because myspace is a crumbling enterprise...and it is definitely unpopular right now...and...yeah ok ;-;)(Also, I feel like I'm saying '90%' a lot, so maybe that's my new favourite number)

Your guilty pleasure?
I personally doubt there's anything more satisfying than lying down on the floor/couch/bed after a long day, while catching up on favourite shows, with a bowl of popcorn on the side. So simple! (I mean, I know it's not very guilty-pleasure-y of me, but I like it)
_________________________________________________________________
I hope you found this post somewhat amusing (laugh with/at me guys, laugh), and here are the people I'm tagging:

Everyone/anyone/you!
I hate excluding people from tags, and since I follow the majority of my readers, I'll know if you did the tag or not. I'm so dead serious, do this tag ~_~.

8 comments

  1. OMG THAT BOOK FORT. That like totally wins on so many levels! I've accidentally put my facial cleanser in my hair in the shower...freaked me out like nothing else! I'm so jealous that you've been to Asia, my family hasn't gone to Vietnam yet *cries* AND DUDE. I'm the same way with Twitter. I feel like people freak out everytime I retweet grumpy cat or something XD And you say the nicest things about me :) Such a sweetheart <3 LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to build a book throne before the end of summer! And pose like this: http://25.media.tumblr.com/ee64fcee33b2c155ca61448cf7b9a6db/tumblr_mnouezGfK41stzy50o1_500.gif

      I haven't been to Vietnam either! :( My mom's always like 'NO DO NOT WANT TO GO; WE'LL BE PICKPOCKETED AND GET RUN OVER BY MOTHERCYCLES' or something like that. But it's nice to go home (er, half-home, because I'm half Chinese, heh)

      TWEET WITHOUT SHAME. Twitter is more personal than blogging, and I love it when people treat it as such! It's fun!

      And nah, you deserve the nice things being said :>
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love the book fort! And also the HIMYM gif. ;) Strawberries are made of win! And it's great to have them frozen because they don't go bad so you can always have them.

    I might do this tag. :D Maybe. If I remember. I should write it down. ^.^

    Carol | Bitten Glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually like to eat them straight frozen, but freezing fruits is always nice because you can have them on hand any time of the year + smoothies :D

      OR, I'll remind you in every one of your posts, hehehe ;)

      Delete
  3. ha haa YOLO came up more than I was expecting in this ;) I love the quote you picked out and of course the epic book fort [must make my own at some point this summer! Once I accidentally saw Patrick Wolf in concert and it was one of the weirdest experiences of my life.. it was also slightly awkward because all the other bands were pretty hardcore there! Loved reading this, it was super funny :)
    zara
    x

    lavieenrose-xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Help, I started using it ironically but now I can't stop :'(((((((

      BOOK FORTS UNITE! Then we all can have a pillow fight and call it a day, hehehe.
      LOL NGL, I'M KINDA JEALOUS THAT YOU SAW PATRICK WOLF IN CONCERT. I can imagine that being super weird/awkward!

      Thanks! I HOPE YOU DO THIS TAG TOO!

      Delete
  4. LOL you are like Belle in Beauty & the Beast with that book collection! What are you reading right now? I'm looking for a new novel to read. :-) xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My book collection is nowhere near Belle's, but maybe one day! ʘ‿ʘ

      I'm currently reading a book for class (Mansfield Park), and reding both 'Lord of the Rings' and 'Living Dead in Dallas' (the tv show 'True Blood' book). What do you like reading? c:

      Delete