Things I Would Tell My Younger Self

Earlier week, I had such a fantastic (and hilarious) time reading June's post, "Things I would tell my younger self" that I decided to write up my own post. Lord knows half the events in my life are embarrassing and cringe-worthy, so if I had a chance, here 21 pieces of (because I'll be 21 soon!) makeup, fashion, and general life tips I would tell the younger, slightly dimwitted self.

Lord give me the strength not to smack the younger me back to Narnia. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻┻ 
__________________________________________________________________________

1. Front fringes/blunt bangs were ridiculously cute on you, aged 1-10. 17-18, however, is a hot unflattering mess.


2. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BUY A GIFT FOR THE BOY YOU HAD A CRUSH ON IN GRADE 8. THIS IS NOT AN ASIAN DRAMA. I REPEAT. THIS IS NOT AN ASIAN DRAMA. HE WILL NOT RETURN YOUR AFFECTIONS. (Senpai will never notice you)

3. BCC in emails are your best friend. Also, there really is no need to send FunnyJunk images to your crush(es) and friends. 

4. When high school uniforms tell you to wear a 'black dress shoe', do not buy a black dress shoe, unless you really wanted that girl to say 'ew' to your ~classy leather shoes~. 

5. Why would you bring around a thick, polyester sweater in 40 degrees celsius humid/tropical weather and wrap it around your waist? NoOOOOooooOoO ;-; People will definitely realise you're on that time of month.                        

6.  Stop bringing your sketchbook everywhere on vacation. You are most definitely not going to be sketching at a restaurant, the balcony and at the massage parlour. 

7. While you're at it, why would you wear 'office' fashion in 40+ degree weather...YOU ARE 14 YEARS OLD.

8. Despite the boy you were madly in love with telling you that braces were cute, braces are definitely not cute. At all. Ever. Never ever. No.

9. When you tell the boy you are madly in love with that you like him and he says, 'thanks', it's a sign that you shouldn't tell him twice. Or three times. 

10. Befriending the friend of a crush turned out to be the best idea ever because now the friend is one of your greatest friends. 

11. When your foundation transfers onto a guy friend's white uniform shirt, it's a sign that that foundation needs to be tossed. Also, that is not your foundation shade. 

12. There really is no need to smear a thick foundation over your face just because you have a few pimples on your face. (So much foundation flashback those days....never will forget ;-;)

13. Those are not seduction/bedroom eyes you are making. Those are angry/pissed off looking eyes.

14. There really was no need for you to watch one kdrama/taiwanese drama every weekend...for several weekends. It's all the same plotline ._.
UNF, so sexy though. :<
15. Don't be so naive. When old men start chatting you up and ask personal questions, don't answer them and run the other direction, omfg. (This has happened wayyyy too many times)

16. Close your mouth when spraying perfume/body mists. They definitely do not taste like flowers and sunshine and happiness.

17. There really is no need to write overly sentimental/cheesy/gushy letters to all your friends just because you're all graduating high school. You're not moving away, you're still going to see each other every few months....-_-

18. The girl you lent a top quality hair tie to? She's never going to return that hair tie. Don't ask her throughout the year for it back....or don't lend it to her in the first place.

19. Fantasy anime art as your MSN convo wallpaper is NOT the bomb diggity.

20. I know everyone told you to walk with a straighter back, and you ignored them because it was a stupid piece of advice, but no seriously, walk with a straighter back. You are not a turtle.

21. Stop being such a pretentious lil'sht.
_________________________________________________________

Once I hit second year of university, I became awesome (basically because there was nothing new and exciting in my life...BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT), and I really don't regret my actions as much as I did during my high school and elementary years.

I hope you've found this post humorous! I definitely would encourage you to share some ~things you'd tell to your younger self~ and it'll be our little secret, yes? ಠᴗಠ

11 comments

  1. I had a laugh out loud moment over #16. I also suggest you don't lick your arm where you've sprayed body mist/perfume. It tastes horrible. (I did that once on a dare. Didn't really think it was a big deal so I did it.) Oops.

    Carol | Bitten Glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because I've opened my mouth not once, but on numerous occasions when spraying perfume/mist. ._.

      WE BOTH LEARNED THE HARD WAY. TOUGH BUSINESS.

      Delete
  2. Lol, LOVED reading this post! 8D <33 I can seriously relate to 99% of these, bwahha~ ;n; Loved #9 ahah, that's so cute~ xD

    Thanks for the adorable post, hehe! C: (Omg I used way too many smilies in this comment, forgive me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #9 is something I definitely look back and cringe over a LOT ;-;

      Nah, I too also use way too many smilies/emotes in comments, soOoOoo ._.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, this is such a funny post! I'd tell my younger self to stop straightening my hair! Also when removing make up, do not use water only! Hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch, embrace the curly/wavy hair! :D

      Yeah, for the longest time I didn't know how to remove my makeup properly! SO GLAD WE KNOW BETTER NOW ._.''

      Delete
  4. Such a great post! It really made me smile :D I think I need to do this tag :D

    www.MissMakeupMagpie.com ❤ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D

      Yes, do it! Nothing like sharing embarrassing tidbits to bond people together, haha XD

      Delete
  5. Hahahaha I love 6, 16, 18, and 21! This is a great post, I love it :)
    Thanks for making me smile X)
    http://dharapatelio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're welcome!

      And damnit, I accidentally deleted your other comment, but I will definitely check out your blog!

      Thanks for following!

      Delete
  6. Hahahahaha omg I can't get over these. TOO FUNNY. I'm starting to reminisce on my mistakes...ugh, my makeup choices. Black eyeshadow and red lipstick every christmas...and new years.

    ReplyDelete