A Bit of Makeup Organization

A few weeks ago, I asked you guys how you stored your makeup, and those ideas were fantastic. I did have a bit of an idea in mind when I posted it though, and I ended up buying it/sticking with it. And I thought, why not show you guys anyways...but in a typical ~infomercial~ way? Enjoy/Sorry in advance! 

(You guys are probably sick of silly/frivolous posts, so posts of actual substance coming this week, yeah?)
__________________________________________________________








Some glowing testimonials from our customer!!

"Before I bought this desk caddy, my makeup collection was more ratchet than my hair! This caddy has solved ALL my problems!" - Vanessa N.

"Before I bought this caddy, my facial toner was always in the middle of my makeup collection. I kept thinking it was a bottle of water! Thankfully, this caddy has separated and organized my makeup from my skincare items, and now I won't accidentally drink my toner!" - Vanessa N.

"This desk caddy looks beautiful on the dresser! It matches all my makeup packaging, and it was less than $10 at Walmart!" - Vanessa N.

Look at these glowing testimonials! You life too, can be transformed with this fantastic desk caddy! What are you waiting for, head out and get one todaaaaaayyyyyyyy!~~~~~~~
__________________________________________________________

Yeah, I'm done with myself ._.''

I really do like desk caddies though, the only downside I see is dust collecting on the actual products if I don't put regular use to the products, and that it doesn't hold all my makeup. I have a few displaced items that'll need to find a new home, heh.
I used a bit of stuffing to elevate some products, for example, the foundations, since that back wells are incredibly deep and it will be hard to reach without a bit of elevation and with it being out of sight.

Also, since I worked these photos in reverse (as in, my makeup was organized in the caddy before I started this post), my table is now a hot mess because I had to photograph the 'before' pictures. ಠ_ಠ

ALSO, I ASKED MY REAL LIFE FRIEND TO EDIT THIS POST, AND MAN IS SHE EVER STRICT. BRB, POSSIBLY FIRING HER, LOL

24 comments

  1. I love the colour of that! Its such a bright blue and fits alot! I need to work on storing my ever-growing collection of palettes ._.
    loooove reading your blog Vanessa honestly your sense of humour is brilliant and has my chuckling often :')
    The Blushing Giraffe | A New UK beauty blog
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to, but I wish there were more colours--I need to store my skincare items! But thank god palettes don't take up too much space in the first place!

      Man, you really need to stop saying my humour is brilliant because I think you're inflating my ego LOLjk ._.
      But thank you! C:

      Delete
  2. Haha I love this post! And I was just thinking of buying one of these when I was in TK Maxx the other day. They have an amazing collection of boxes and desk caddys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D

      I should actually check out the Marshalls and Winners (I guess that would be a TK Maxx equivalent?) in my area, because they have really nice storage units!

      Delete
  3. Brava! I wish I had the energy, no the WILL to organise my hot mess of a makeup table. I just can't ever see myself putting my makeup into their designated storage compartments! Nope. A life of fumbling around and hoping the cylindrical object I've grabbed onto is my lipstick is what I foresee as my life destiny.

    Great post!
    Pippa-love.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orrrr, I can hop on a broom to London/England and tidy up your makeup table for you ;)

      LOL, I wonder if you've ever grabbed concealer as lipstick, because that would be a shocker. Most of the time I have no willpower to clean up my makeup table either, but darn, once it's clean, I make a conscious effort to keep it that way!

      Thanks! c:

      Delete
  4. Good for you for getting organized and now you can easily transport your makeup as well. The chevron print is so happy too :) I use a clear acrylic makeup organizer from the Container Store which fit everything I had when I bought it but now I seem to have run out of space but I'll be good and re-organize instead of upsizing :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, actually having everything in a caddy makes it really easy to transport and clean my table of dust!

      Man, everyone loves the storage units from the Container Store! I wish I could also order the acrylic organizers off the site, but shipping is really expensive.

      Heh, time to toss out old makeup/make a conscious effort to use up products!

      Delete
  5. haha loved this post! My current makeup storage is getting a bit tight so maybe a few of these will help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! c:

      And it probably doesn't help that we keep picking up new products to try--it's a bad cycle of buying products and finding/making space for them, haha!

      Delete
  6. Really good idea for storage! I was tempted to buy something similar from Staples but too expensive T_T

    (if you need like, just a tiny thing for storage, look for bath containers in walmart [the ones that hold cotton balls and the like], they work really well for holding leftover products that need a home haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found really nice desk caddies at a Staples I was at a few weeks ago and they were less than $10!...but they were cloth and lord knows If I spill foundation on that I'll be doomed...

      Yeah, I actually have a jar like that that holds lipsticks! :D
      (Except everytime I'm in the bath section at Walmart I get really tempted to buy fancy soap pumps ._.)

      Delete
  7. Jaw drop! This is beautiful :D Well done! <3 the baby lips collection! Fantastic post Vanessa <3 xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO, I love your testimonials! You're hilarious :)

    I need to work on my organization... great ideas and creativity -- especially the black and white shots.

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D

      I dunno, I find cleaning a bit therapeutic, and having/seeing an organized collection is always satisfying :)

      Delete
  9. Hahaha that made me laugh so much!
    What a brilliant idea, at the moment my makeup is everywhere! I seriosly need to get a bit of organizing in my room... lol

    Love the editing on the photos,,, brilliant :)

    Margrét
    http://ml-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you!
      I actually find cleaning and organizing my room quite fun!

      Delete
  10. The organiser is so cute - I think I like it more than the Muji ones every blogger has! I use plant pots for organisation of my brushes and daily make up, which isn't ideal.
    P.S. That's a lot of babylips ;)

    Hi five from another organisation freak!
    Aggie
    http://lawyerlives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do want to try a Muji though, just because my room gets so dusty! But plant pots are so cute! It's like you're "~growing~" brushes, haha :D

      I REALLY CAN'T STOP BUYING BABYLIPS FOR SOME REASON, I REALLY THINK IT'S THE PACKAGING AND SCENTS. IT'S LIKE THE NEW LIPSMACKERS

      -highfives- :D

      Delete
  11. LOVE the cute organizer ^_^ I'd totally get that if I had enough big palettes to place it in.... Yay for organizing makeup :) I just recently reorganized my eyeshadows, its so nice to have everything nice and prettiful :D
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! But I have to admit, upkeep can be ridiculous sometimes, heh XD

      Delete
  12. woah babylips lady! went through a slight re-org myself but yet again, things are over-spillith...
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't bring myself to stop collecting them @_@ (they just pull me in with their cute packaging and amazing scents)

      I usually try to clean my desk every weekend! (Basically because I have no weekend social life so yay cleaning ._.)

      Delete