The Versatile Blogger Award!

Still working on my paper due today, thanks
Brb, writing an acceptance speech because yay, award. I was scared I'd end up like Leo Dicaprio...what

ANYWAYS, I've been nominated for 'The Versatile Blogger Award' by the lovely Lupe over at Punky and Bubbles Beauty and it's actually my first blog reward ever! So thanks, Lupe, for this award--it actually means a lot!

Rules
1. Thank the person who nominated you & link their blog.
2. Each nominee must name 7 things about themselves.
3. They must nominate 15 blogs or bloggers they've recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Inform the nominees about their award.
5. No tag backs!
__________________________________________________________________

Seven Things About Myself

1. Born and raised in Toronto, Canada....for the most part...

2. You ain't got nothin' on me when it comes to watching TV (Unless you do, then I'm sorry!). Here is a list of all the shows I've seen, or am currently watching (in no order...I think):
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • 2 Broke Girls
  • Gossip Girl
  • The Carrie Diaries
  • Glee
  • Avatar the Last Airbender
  • Legend of Korra
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Chuck
  • 30 Rock
  • Modern Family
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • True Blood
  • Suits
  • White Collar
  • Awkward
  • New Girl
  • Community
  • Castle
  • Once Upon A Time
  • Parks and Rec
  • Hart of Dixie
  • Merlin
  • Supernatural
  • Game of Thrones
  • Doctor Who
  • Agatha Christie's Poirot
  • Sherlock (BBC)
  • The Mentalist
  • Don't Trust the B in Apt. 23
  • Elementary
  • Happy Endings
  • The Middle
  • Hannibal
  • Veronica Mars
  • The White Queen
  • The Tudors
  • Secret Diary of a Call Girl
  • Sex and the City
  • Firefly
  • Psych
  • Twin Peaks
Most of these I watched within a span of 4 years....oops. I watch a lot of TV because I'm serious about multitasking, and I can put shows in the background while I...play Neopets...or...do other stuff like clean my room. Also, TV is a way for me to relieve stress and not focus on schoolwork, and honestly, I'm surprised I haven't failed any of my courses yet. My top 5 favourite shows of all time would have to be 'Happy Endings', 'Castle', 'Veronica Mars', 'Merlin' and '30 Rock'! SO SAD ABC AXED 'HAPPY ENDINGS' THOUGH ;-;


('Happy Endings' is literally the best show 5ever)

Do you guys watch the same shows as me? ʘ‿ʘ (Can you tell I love my tv? Let's fangirl together, yeah?)

3. My dog sister was born in the same month as me. We'll be 21 this September (21 in dog years for her), and I'm excited because we can finally go clubbing! (wait wat)

4. I have a younger brother who is significantly more attractive than me. I really do mean significantly. (Think 'Korean pretty boys') It's totally unfair ;-;

5. Three top vacation destinations for me would be: the UK (hehe, I cheated since the UK is comprised of many states), Hawaii, and Atlantis in the Bahamas. 

6. I've only had one job in my entire life (oops), and it was as an elf at a seasonal Santa photography set! Best job ever--I took photos of children with Santa, and Santa and I became BFFs. And the other elves were lovely to work with ʘ‿ʘ
Bonus fact: I'm also unattractive in most of my photos. 
7. My room is the nursery of the house. My wallpaper is 'ABC', and I've had the same room for 17 years. No wonder I'm such a big baby.

My friends call this the typical 'Vanessa face'. So immature. Also, Pocahontas is on my shirt. 
In most of my photos, you can see the ABC wallpaper, heh.
__________________________________________________________________
Here are the people I nominate! (People I've recently discovered + 'follow regularly')

(I tried not to nominate people who were already nominated/already did this award post because that would be redundant)(also, what does 'follow regularly' even mean)(also, I only nominated people that follow me because I'm too lazy to notify people who don't follow me BECAUSE AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT I'M IN UNIVERSITY FINALS SEASON)

1. Amanda over at Short and Wicked
2. Kelly at Chic N Stylish
3. Nyacchan (??I feel like I'm being trolled right now) at Chocowip
4. Rouge at Rouge's Ramblings
5. Iqra over at The Blushing Giraffe
6. Sarah at Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous
7. Reeneyy (?) at Reeneyylicious
8. Jolanta at Fallen Feathers Beauty Blog
9. Lucy at Lucy's Lifestyle
10. Aggie at Lawyer Lives
11. Lillian at Mascaradise
12. Hannah from Hannah Belle

Check them all out, yeah? ʘ‿ʘ

'Til next time,
♥, Vanessa

30 comments

  1. Congrats on your blog award! I like to keep the TV on in the background when I'm doing stuff too :) Love Sherlock - can't wait for it to return, totally miss Gossip Girl - it was my guilty pleasure. White Collar films around where I live alot so I gotta love it. Just started watching Castle recently and can't believe I've missing out but better late than never :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      UGH, SHERLOCK IS SUCH A TEASE TO THE FANS. This wait is ridiculous :(
      Ooou, I'm jealous! I'd love to see Matt Bomer's face on the streets of NYC--that would make my year! Hannibal is actually shot at my school, and Suits is shot in my city!

      ISN'T CASTLE THE BEST? Well, I think so, haha. But yeah, better late than never! Caskett = OTP

      Delete
  2. Cute dog! Enjoy the clubbing! We share 10 shows in common! (yes I'm a creep & counted! .__.)
    I can't wait for the new season of Awkward because it shall be quite interesting! 2 broke girls and modern family always manage to make me laugh my ass off! I always wanted to go to Canada!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO SHAME IN COUNTING THOUGH (I didn't even count how many shows are on that list LOL)
      Yeah I agree! I feel bad for Matty BUT DAMN, COLIN IS HOT.
      2 Broke Girls is kinda racist sometimes, but I'm probably going to hell because I laugh ._.''

      Visit sometime! Maybe it'll even be like a blogger-type meetup, haha

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the blog award :D And have fun going clubbing :D Atlantis and the UK (again...since I've been there before) is also one of my top vacation destinations I want to go too!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Though if I do go clubbing I'll probably end up being attached to my phone to play games all night, haha :>

      CANT NEVER GET ENOUGH OF THE UK ˘◡˘

      Delete
  4. Omg I'm totally using your tv list to find my next tv show to get hooked on. And gosh in England people start clubbing around 17! Congrats on the award and good luck on your uni deadlines

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made my friend watch 'Happy Endings' last night and now he's hooked!
      Whoah, 17 is so young. The legal alcohol age in Canada is 18, so that's when people go clubbing, I guess.

      Thanks! c:

      Delete
  5. I'm going to start doing my tag now haha! You should watch Teen Wolf by the way and your dog is adorable! Thank you for tagging me by the way! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Argh, everyone's been telling me to watch Teen Wolf--I should finally give it a go!

      Heh, my dog thanks you, and you're welcome! ʘ‿ʘ

      Delete
  6. Thank you for nominating me! :)

    I LOVE Hannibal and True Blood! This season of TB is uh-mazing, and Eric Northman is the love of my life.

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome--you deserve it! I'm honestly surprised you haven't been nominated earlier!

      RIGHT? HANNIBAL IS ACTUALLY SHOT AT MY UNIVERSITY CAMPUS! I see my lecture halls in some backgrounds, haha. Ugh, the male cast of TB is FLAWLESS. It's a shame it's only a summer show; the lack of episodes per season is depressing :(

      Delete
  7. Thanx for your comments Vanessa. And congrats on this blog award!

    I'm also putting the TV on as I'm typing this. Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol is showing on HBO now. I usually watch How I met Your Mother on iPad with the hubby while eating at home. Other shows I watch on TV are all the CSI. Not much time for TV on weekdays so I let the tv run and I'm aware of most of the shows you have up there except that when it comes to CSI, I would actually go in front of the TV to sit.

    Your dog and you have the same birthday? That's so coincidental. Or did you pick her coz of her birthday? Hehehe... And wow... you are so young. I'm a decade older than you. lol.

    I think your job as Santa's elf is one of the most fabulous jobs ever coz it is so full of love and happiness.

    I don't think you look bad at all for you to say that your bro is way more good looking. I think you look pretty cute in your blogger profile picture. And probably with make=up, you can look like those Korean gals. Then you and your bro can mitchy matchy.

    I'll hit the follow button after this so that we can continue to keep in touch. You seem like such a nice gal and I love showing support to new and sincere bloggers (unlike those new ones who go around leaving comments asking for followers).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thank you! c:

      I used to love CSI, until I took a forensics course and found out that show is highly inaccurate, which is a shame since I'm crazy about forensics and proper procedure/protocol

      Actually, its just that our birthdays are in the same month! It would be crazy coincidental if we shared the same birthday, haha!
      Heh, I always complain about being old, but being 31 isn't so bad! I have weird fantasies about being in my 30's and having a house and dogs and maybe a husband(?) sometimes!

      Yeah, working as an elf was best thing ever--Santa and children!

      And yeah, sometimes I can be like 'WOW I AM SO CUTE TODAY' and roll with it. Sometimes when I put makeup on, my mom says I look like a 'Korean girl' and truth be told, I have no idea what that means, haha

      Thanks! I think your comment has made my day...week even! I believe in quality of followers, not quantity, so thank you for your kind words! (means a lot) ʘ‿ʘ

      Delete
  8. congrats on your award vanessa :) 50% of your tv show list i watch too! and some of these shows are currently on break and since then idk what to do on my tv nights haha :D im abit surprised to not see vampire diaries on the list. you dont like it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it's a shame there's so few shows that air during the summer--but hey, motivates us to go out and do things in the evening and enjoy the nice weather! (except I don't go out and end up watching older tv series, oops)

      Argh, one the fence about Vampire Diaries. I've seen 6 episodes of it, enjoyed it, but I think I would be embarrassed to admit that I watch it!

      Delete
  9. wow...thats a lot of tv. i use to watch a lot of tv when i was in high school then it decreased in university. then its really decreased now. i don't even own a tv now but i download shows
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that's the opposite for me--didn't watch too much tv in high school, then watched most of these series in university....

      Same, either I stream or download shows! (coughcoughboththeillegalkind)

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your nomination!
    And thanks for sharing such a huge list of TV shows, most of them I don't know but I'm definitely gonna save it because I see we have some tastes in common!
    Have a nice weekend dear.

    www.nymphashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yay! I hope you find some good gems in that list!
      You too! c:

      Delete
  11. congrats for the award! really nice to know you more
    check out my blog?
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will definitely check your blog out!

      Delete
  12. Your blog is hilarious! Thanks for the nomination! I will be singing your praises soon once I get a couple posts out of the way :) Also, you haul like a beast. You bought the Lorac Pro palette AND the Ariel palette from sephora at the same time? Plus other stuff?? That's way over $100 in one sitting...I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! (And you really don't have to sing praises, it makes me feel weird LOL XD)

      It turnedo ut to actually be over $200 CDN, so that was pretty bad. I have no idea what compelled me to buy so much stuff at once @_@
      Don't be jealous, I'm still recovering financially LOL

      Delete
  13. Congatulations on the award you really deserved it, one of the funniest bloggers I've read so far yet so informative too! Thankyou so much for the nomination! <3 I'll add that to my 'to-do' list haha,
    this was such a great post to read ^_^ the dog/sister part made me chuckle haha, and I've just started watching Gossip girl (well two weeks ago and I'm on season 4 already?!) can't get enough of those ohsoclassy mean girls and their relationship issues on the upper east side!
    Also I adorrrrrred breaking bad, not something I ever guessed I'd love but it was (and is as it's ending this year!) phenomenal! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, you're too kind! ʘ‿ʘ

      Holy crap, I don't even think I could do two weeks, four seasons, and I consider myself a mega tv marathoner o_o'' UGH, aren't the clothes on the show the best? And I kept shipping Blair + Chuck throughout the entire show, heh

      I've heard so much about Breaking Bad, I really should give it a try!

      Delete
  14. Congrats on the award! I love the amount of tv shows pi watch :) I love new girl! And I be seen a couple episodes of a few of those shows you mentioned but it's not enough for me to be a self proclaimed fan girl X) and gossip girl <3 I've read a few of the books but I haven't seen many episodes :( I should start tho...
    http://dharapatelio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! c:
      I love New Girl too! Totes shipping Jess + Nick, heh

      Nah, you can be a fan girl even if you've only seen a few eps :>(THERE ARE NO RULES)

      I've actually never read any of the Gossip Girl books; I should give it a try sometime, since reading books that have inspired adaptations is probably an indication of it's quality!

      Delete
  15. GURL WHERE JU BEEN ALL MY BLOG LIFE?!
    Wow you defo win the stakes in TV watching you superior being, you! I can only cross off on your list New Girl, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory and The Mindy Project... Wait wut? You don't watch the Mindy Project?!?!? :O Also PARKS AND RECREATION! F yeah! No one in my real life has even heard of that show so I have no-one to share my appreciation of Ron Swanson's hernia or when Andy sneeze banged his head!! AND Leslie my DARLING LESLIE! Her tantrums and angry french, "Madame Ambassador, pourquoi?"

    I got waaay too happy writing this comment.
    Pippa!

    pippa-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'VE BEEN ACROSS THE POND, THAT'S WHERE.

      Yeah, it's kinda embarrassing because that tv list screams 'LOOK AT ALL THE FREE TIME I HAVE BECAUSE I AM A TAD BIT ANTI-SOCIAL'

      Oh right, I should get on the Mindy Project--I keep thinking it's got multiple seasons but they're only 1 so far!
      PARKS AND REC FTW - it might be because you're across the pond though? (Except I think I'm pretty good with my British TV knowledge). RON, APRIL, ANDY, DONNA AND TOM FTW

      Delete