SHINY NEW THINGS! ʘ‿ʘ {A Collective Haul}

The previous week and this week has been a bit crazy in the ~spending~ department, mainly because it was my birthday last week (and with my birthday comes school stress), and Shoppers Drug Mart decided it would be a ~fantastic~ time to have an impressive makeup sale this week. Armed with coupons and the promise of sales, I made multiple journeys to Shoppers, and finally at last, I present to you my spoils of war

(I have to resist making a 'STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE'RE HERE' joke every time I mention Shoppers Drug Mart)


 My haul bag. Paper bags are the cutest.


SHOW ME THE GOODS.
__________________________________________________________________



I genuinely thought these few items would be the only items I would be picking up for my 'birthday'. HAHAHA, was I ever wrong.

Anyways, I picked up:

1) Kate Somerville's 'ExfoliKate Intense Exfoliator' from Sephora. I got a free sample and used it recently and was so impressed by the results until I found out it was $105 CDN ($80 USD) for 2 oz. HELLLLLL NAW. But $25 for 0.5oz seemed more reasonable, so I picked it up.

2) Benefit Birthday Kit from Sephora.

3) A Brazil Nut Body Butter from The Body Shop. I am soooooooooooooooo in love with the scent of the brazil nut body scrub, so I decided to pick this up as it was on sale. Unfortunately, while it still smells fantastic, the scrub smells waaaaaaaaaaay better, and I really encourage you guys to take a whiff of the scrub.

4) Real Nature Masks (x4) from The Face Shop. I picked up Kelp, Aloe, Bamboo and Avocado. (Uh, my brother and I used up 2 before we could photograph them. It was exciting.)
_________________________________________________________________

Shoppers Drug Mart has a Maybelline sale this week (in Toronto), with most products being half off (now $5-6 apiece), and with the purchase of certain items came 2000 extra points, so I went a little crazy.
(Today is the last day of the sale, so if you live in Toronto, you might want to check it out!)

Here are the items from Shoppers that I picked up:





1) I hear Emily Noel/emilynoel83 talk often about the Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner, so I picked it up in the shade 'Midnight Master'. (Funny story, I couldn't remember the name of the product so I had to stand for a good 10 minutes looking for the shade named 'Midnight Master' amongst various lines)

2) Maybelline's 'the Mega Plush', 'the Falsies', and 'the Rocket' mascaras. I've been wanting to try these three for the longest while now, so I picked them up (with the liner), and received 4000 extra Shoppers Optimum points (get 8000 to redeem $10 off, so that's a pretty good deal).

3) Maybelline Color Tattoos. I picked up 'Bad to the Bronze', got home, looked at Jenn's Color Tattoo collection and swatches, proceeded to sob, then went out again and picked up 'Pomegranate Punk' and 'Barely Branded'. (IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, JENN)

4) Actually, I lie. Shoppers doesn't sell Milani. I picked up Milani's 'Liquid Eye' eyeliner in black at Walmart

5) I had Rimmel coupons, and some products were on sale, so I picked up their 'Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer' in black.

6) But no seriously, coupons + sales = otp. I used my Rimmel coupon and got the 'Match Perfection Blush' in 'light', and it's basically three blush shades in one.

7) Essence Shimmer Powder. This is part of their limited edition summer line, 'Ticket to Paradise', and when I saw it at my local Shoppers yesterday (in Fall...), I flipped because the embossing is so pretty. Right then and there I knew I needed to have it, and it's only $4! They make beautiful limited edition products, e.g. THE BLUSH BELOW THAT I DON'T OWN ;-;



8) Almay Liquid Lip Balm in 'Rosy Lipped'. I picked this up for $3 AFTER SALES AND A $4 COUPON. HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gratuitous shots



The embossing *_*
______________________________________________________________________

BFF decided to give me a gag birthday present, but this card is the bomb diggity. Now I can have an ugly photo of the ~two of us~ sitting on my desk, just like ~in the movies and tv shows~.



Irrelevant, but my dog decided to walk into my room the other day AND HOLY BEDHEAD I SPENT A GOOD 10 MINUTES LAUGHING AT HER JEEBUS SHE LOOKS LIKE A GRUMPY TRAINWRECK.
______________________________________________________________________

But yeah, hopefully I'm done makeup shopping for a while! Because I really need to look for a job...

What have you guys picked up recently?

58 comments

  1. Omg this HAUL. *O* I WANT. I really really want to try the maybelline stuff, I literally never tried the brand before! THANK YOUUU for the SDM sale info! I'm totally rushing there today (in like, normal hours natch) and picking up a mascara or two. or three. 'cause I'm a very very impulsive shopper. ;n;
    Anyways, omg this haul! o.o <3 And I looove the benefit birthday kit from Sephora! I use the highliter a lot, not so much the mascara.... yet. xD

    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, GURLL!!!! <33333333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhm, excuse me, but your hauls are more ridiculous than mine ;-;

      R U FOR SRS THO, HOW HAVE YOU NOT TRIED MAYBELLINE ._.

      THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU <3

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the rocket mascara!! Really want to try those color tattoos how do they compare to pain pots from MAC?
    Fallen Feathers Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blog XO and happy belated!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hrm, maybe I'll open that up first! :D
      (Don't want to go crazy and open them all up at the same time, haha)

      Not sure! I haven't tried the MAC paint pots, but I'm really loving the color tattoos so far!

      And thank you! :D

      Delete
  3. You lucky girl!! The Rimmel blush sounds amazing ♥ I actually just made a haul post too!

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the embossing for the Rimmel blush, currently testing it out!

      Delete
  4. It's true, every TV show has a photo of themselves and their friend! I need a new liquid eyeliner so I might try the Maybelline one. You've made me really want to smell Brazil nut boy butter aswell oh damn! You got some good stuff and by the way, Happy belated Birthday! :)

    Lucy | a little of lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's a cheesy staple in every show!
      Oh, the Maybelline liner I got is actually a pencil/automatic one LOL
      (But yeah, the liquid one looks similar, heh)

      SMELL THE SCRUB, THE SCRUB SMELLS 1000x BETTER LOL

      And thank you!! C:

      Delete
  5. What a nice collection and that lip balm looks amazing! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous haul *_* the embossing is beautiful! I can't wait to see the review for that blusher and the size looks amazing! (it's the same size as the pressed powder right?)
    awh love the photo frame haha, those kinda personal types of gifts are the best :') and yeeeeeeeey coupons!
    The Blushing Giraffe | The Bloglovin'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EMBOSSING MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER

      I think it's roughly the same size as the pressed powder! Hopefully I'll incorporate it into some sort of review, haha c:

      LOL I love the photo frame too--tacky, personal gifts are the best :')

      Delete
  7. Sweet haul Vanessa! Maybelline's mascaras have always disappointed me but perhaps I need to take another look. Your dog is so cute! I just picked up a Marc Jacobs Beauty nail lacquer that I'm in serious love with :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried one Maybelline mascara, and I'm pretty pleased with it so far!
      Hehe, my dog thanks you ;)
      OUUH, how's the formulation? :D

      Delete
  8. Great haul! You'll like the maybelline liquid liner. It would never smudge on me! That Rimmel blush looks nice! *adds to my list to get


    http://ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I actually got the pencil/automatic liner! (The liquid and the pencil liner do look quite alike tbh ._.)

      DON'T ADD IT TO YOUR LIST YET, we don't know if it sucks yet...L O L ._.

      Delete
  9. So much goodies!! :o, I wish there was a massive sale at my local drugstores! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is so aesthetically appealing and that essence shimmer powder is to die for!
    thegoldencrystals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I agree, it's stunning! :)

      Delete
  11. Wow... the embossed powders are BEAUTIFUL!!! :DD
    Now I want some... ;A;
    Awesome haul! :)
    ~Sakura
    http://redsakurabeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAH you're welcome!! i'm so glad you picked up pom punk. i love it so much and would gift it to everyone if i could!!
    that essence blush looks amazing!!! i never seem to find their limited edition stuff at shoppers!
    and wait whaatt? where is there a 'The Face Shop' in T.O.? Pmall? i use to shop there now and then but just have not made a trip up there in a about a year...that might need to be rectified..shopping trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pom punk is so gorgey, I could stare at it all day if I could!
      Yeah, the essence limited edition items are actually ridiculously pretty! Totally underrated, imo!

      YEAH THERE'S A 'THE FACE SHOP' IN PMALL! Definitely calls for a shopping trip ;)

      Delete
  13. What a lot of haul at such great prices. Any gal would have gone crazy and bought a little more. How was the Rimmel eyeliner? If it's good, I might want to pick that up. Maybelline mascaras do not work well on me and I hope they work like a charm on you, esp the one you've been meaning to try out. And wow... the embossing! I wouldn't bear to use any product and slowly sweep the embossing away and hence I stay away from those. They are just too pretty to look at.

    I'm not sure if you check back on replies to comments but I won't paste it here. Remember to check back ok? Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rimmel liner is pretty good so far!
      Shame Maybelline mascaras don't work too well for you though!

      THAT IS TRUE! It's often a tough decision to use products with such detailed embossing on them; too pretty to use *-*

      I do check back for comment replies though! As for commenting, I've been slacking, haha! (School and things) I actually do make sure I read all your posts though! c:

      Delete
  14. belated happy birthday vanessaaaa!! it looks like you bought the entire store ^^ half the things here are on my wish list. looking forward to swatches and review. most esp the mascara reviews i have a feeling you will make another comparing reviews for each :)

    PS i want to eat you dog soo cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ♥
      HA, I wish I did c:
      OHOHHO, either I'm getting predictable, or you know me well XD
      I was going to do a mascara comparison but they all look the same to me, imo!

      Delete
  15. Hope you had a fab birthday! Looks like you got some really fab products including some stuff that I can't buy over here in the UK :( so jealous.
    Cute little blog - followed you on GFC and bloglovin'

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      But then again, the UK does have pretty fab products I can't get in Canada! ;)

      Delete
  16. The body shop always has really nice scented products!! love that about their products :) The kelp facial masks look so amazing i wanna try hahah! keep in touch <3

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! None of their fragrances are too sickly sweet for me, which is always a plus c:

      Delete
  17. Ooh lovely haul!! :D The Essence blush that you put a picture of is actually my favourite blush!! I wish it was a permanent staple in the collection.
    Awesome post! :D
    I just found your blog and am a new follower! :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! So lucky you got that blush because it is STUNNING! I too, wish it were a staple in the collection:(

      Thank you!

      Delete
  18. Quite the haul!! Let us know what you think of the Master Drama liquid eyeliner... I bought it a couple weeks ago and I'm still trying to get used to it.

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got the creme/pencil/automatic liner XD
      The two actually look quite alike though!

      Delete
  19. Ok this haul is making me want to run to Walmart and buy every pretty makeup item I see there. I NEED TO GO SHOPPING SO BADLY!! X) And your dog is too adorable, I want her.
    http://dharapatelio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RETAIL THERAPY FOR ACADEMIC STRESS :(

      You can have her, she's awful LOLjk ._.

      Delete
  20. It looks MASSIVE! Hihi. I love it! Seems like you've got an awesome stuffs Ms. Vanessa! Followed via bloglovin! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only massive because ~once-in-a-year-esque~ sales ;)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  21. Omg I need that embossing blush. Like, now. It's so pretty. I recently had an E.L.F. haul, so I'll probably blog about that soon. I also got my ipsy bag for Sept so I have to write about that too. UGH BUT I HAVE NO TIMEE.

    Anyways, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!
    I can only hope to get as much goodies as you did on my bday in Nov.

    Lillian at Mascaradise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?
      Yisss, I love seeing hauls on people blogs! Especially e.l.f, since it's so cheap :>

      I KNOW THAT BLOGGING FEEL. SCHOOLL PRIORITIES MAN.

      Thankyouthankyou! Oh, you probably will :D

      Delete
  22. What a fab haul! You want be needing to buy a new mascara any time soon hehe :)
    Hope you enjoyed your birthday!
    I love you blog btw x
    Jessica Elizabeth

    http://labellezachica.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, stocking up while items are on sale is definitely grabbing an opportunity ;)

      Thankyou! :D

      Delete
  23. New follower :) YAY for new goodies :) Haven't seen that rimmel blush yet at my drugstore but I'm definitely keeping an eye out for it :) and of course you can never have too many mascaras :D

    charlene
    lipstickandsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blush may have been out for maybe a year now LOL

      Yupp! Always too many to try! :D

      Delete
  24. great post! I want to try that Maybelline mascara!
    what about follow each other?
    let me know :)
    have a nice day!
    xx
    Veronica
    http://in-the-jungle-of-fashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great haul! I really want to try out those face masks for myself hehe^-^ I think I just really need to go shopping and buy buckets of new makeup!

    I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop by my blog, also if you'd like to follow and stay in touch I'll follow you too! ^-^ x

    www.emilymarysia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it for Christmas! :D
      (Or Black Friday, maybe?)

      I'd love to check out your blog! C:

      Delete
  26. Have you tried the Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner yet? If so is it any good? I have yet to find a good eyeliner that doesn't disappear after 5 mins! Fantastic post by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! IT'S SMOOTH LIKE ...VERY SMOOTH. It's also nicely pigmented, and it doesn't smudge/disappear too much with heavy rubbing. c:

      Thank you!

      Delete
  27. Wowie, nice make up haul! I'd love
    to try out those natural masks c;
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually really do like them so far!

      Delete
  28. These are such lovely pieces, I love the shade of the Rimmel blush and the Colour Tattoos! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (And that is why I bought them, heh)

      Delete
  29. nice haul dear.
    it has been months since i
    had a haul this huge.
    :D

    ---

    keyti of brushesandpens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully you'll have a large haul soon! c:

      Delete
  30. Wow! What an amazing haul! You're so lucky HAHA, looks like you've done a lot of damage to your wallet! Happy Belated Birthday~ You're friends are soo nice HAHA they gave you such an awesome present that you'll never forget :P

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete