The previous week and this week has been a bit crazy in the ~spending~ department, mainly because it was my birthday last week (and with my birthday comes school stress), and Shoppers Drug Mart decided it would be a ~fantastic~ time to have an impressive makeup sale this week. Armed with coupons and the promise of sales, I made multiple journeys to Shoppers, and finally at last, I present to you my spoils of war.
(I have to resist making a 'STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE'RE HERE' joke every time I mention Shoppers Drug Mart)
SHOW ME THE GOODS.
Anyways, I picked up:
1) Kate Somerville's 'ExfoliKate Intense Exfoliator' from Sephora. I got a free sample and used it recently and was so impressed by the results until I found out it was $105 CDN ($80 USD) for 2 oz. HELLLLLL NAW. But $25 for 0.5oz seemed more reasonable, so I picked it up.
2) Benefit Birthday Kit from Sephora.
3) A Brazil Nut Body Butter from The Body Shop. I am soooooooooooooooo in love with the scent of the brazil nut body scrub, so I decided to pick this up as it was on sale. Unfortunately, while it still smells fantastic, the scrub smells waaaaaaaaaaay better, and I really encourage you guys to take a whiff of the scrub.
4) Real Nature Masks (x4) from The Face Shop. I picked up Kelp, Aloe, Bamboo and Avocado. (Uh, my brother and I used up 2 before we could photograph them. It was exciting.)
Shoppers Drug Mart has a Maybelline sale this week (in Toronto), with most products being half off (now $5-6 apiece), and with the purchase of certain items came 2000 extra points, so I went a little crazy.
(Today is the last day of the sale, so if you live in Toronto, you might want to check it out!)
Here are the items from Shoppers that I picked up:
1) I hear Emily Noel/emilynoel83 talk often about the Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner, so I picked it up in the shade 'Midnight Master'. (Funny story, I couldn't remember the name of the product so I had to stand for a good 10 minutes looking for the shade named 'Midnight Master' amongst various lines)
2) Maybelline's 'the Mega Plush', 'the Falsies', and 'the Rocket' mascaras. I've been wanting to try these three for the longest while now, so I picked them up (with the liner), and received 4000 extra Shoppers Optimum points (get 8000 to redeem $10 off, so that's a pretty good deal).
3) Maybelline Color Tattoos. I picked up 'Bad to the Bronze', got home, looked at Jenn's Color Tattoo collection and swatches, proceeded to sob, then went out again and picked up 'Pomegranate Punk' and 'Barely Branded'. (IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, JENN)
4) Actually, I lie. Shoppers doesn't sell Milani. I picked up Milani's 'Liquid Eye' eyeliner in black at Walmart.
5) I had Rimmel coupons, and some products were on sale, so I picked up their 'Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer' in black.
6) But no seriously, coupons + sales = otp. I used my Rimmel coupon and got the 'Match Perfection Blush' in 'light', and it's basically three blush shades in one.
7) Essence Shimmer Powder. This is part of their limited edition summer line, 'Ticket to Paradise', and when I saw it at my local Shoppers yesterday (in Fall...), I flipped because the embossing is so pretty. Right then and there I knew I needed to have it, and it's only $4! They make beautiful limited edition products, e.g. THE BLUSH BELOW THAT I DON'T OWN ;-;
8) Almay Liquid Lip Balm in 'Rosy Lipped'. I picked this up for $3 AFTER SALES AND A $4 COUPON. HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA
The embossing *_*
BFF decided to give me a gag birthday present, but this card is the bomb diggity. Now I can have an ugly photo of the ~two of us~ sitting on my desk, just like ~in the movies and tv shows~.
Irrelevant, but my dog decided to walk into my room the other day AND HOLY BEDHEAD I SPENT A GOOD 10 MINUTES LAUGHING AT HER JEEBUS SHE LOOKS LIKE A GRUMPY TRAINWRECK.
What have you guys picked up recently?