As Of Late...{Life Update-ish}

#MIAblogger #lifeupdate #my mom is addicted to going to daytime talk tv shows #and I'm stuck with her #butatleastIgotmy5secondsoffame #I also bought a lot of useless stuff #21 so far has been about me buying useless stuff #partially because of school stress #lots and lots of school stress #gonna go cry now

You know how academic journals have an abstract? (aka, a short gist of the topic?) THAT'S WHY I PUT THE HASHTAGS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE POST, JA FEEL?

But yeah, if you didn't notice, I've been on a downhill streak since my ~liner-off~ post and MIA for a while (reading and responding to blogs), and I know some of you guys are happy because yay, I'm another blog you don't have to read. BUT TOO BAD, YOU'RE GONNA READ ABOUT WHAT I'VE BEEN UP TO, AND WHY I'VE BEEN A BIT MIA, YEAH?

(If you follow me on twitter, you may already know about some of these events) (Also, I apologize for some of the low quality phone camera photos in advance!)


Between having existential crises and stress-induced breakdowns, I've engaged in loads of retail therapy and family/friend outings.

If you live in Canada, you might know some of the Canadian daytime television talk shows. My mom as of late has been dragging us to see these shows, and so far we've been to the Steven and Chris show and the Marilyn Denis Show (think Canadian versions of 'the Ellen show'). We're still waiting for CityLine! (If you know any other talk shows filmed in Toronto, let me know!)

Steven and Chris!


I look like absolute s--t here I can't even
AT THE END OF THE SHOW THEY WERE GIVING OUT FREE MINI FOOD PROCESSORS. LIKE CANDY I SAY. LIKE CANDY!!!


And earlier this week my mom and I went to the Marilyn Denis show...



My name is also in this month's (October's) issue of Marie Claire! 
(No blog affiliation though :<) (so basically no one knows who I am LOLLLLLLL)


And of course, the retail therapy


I knew paint swatches were free, but for some reason there were barcodes on the back of these, which resulted in my embarrassingly asking the sales associate if paint swatches were free....

...needless to say, I ran out of Canadian Tire...just in case. 

Being 21 so far has been about being indecisive as to what to buy, and ending up buying the most random and useless items. Case and point, I bought two soap pumps.


WHY DOES ANYONE NEED TWO SOAP PUMPS? I couldn't decide between the two, so I took them both home!!! ...and then I couldn't decide which one to use...

(I ended up using the whale, by the way)

I also bought a fancy jar to house my ~goldfish crackers~




And some fancy Halloween plates...

'THE OWLS ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM' - TWIN PEAKS

And since I put myself on a makeup spending ban for the month of October, I bought Christmas candles from Bath and Body Works instead. They smell absolutely divine.


And I made some birthday cake for my dog...


Now I can have even fancier tea parties with my dog with all those goldfish crackers, Halloween plates and Christmas candles burning in the background.
Fancy, or fancy fancy?
Also, The Simpson's 'Tapped Out' game has also taken up 90% of my free time it's so sad. Halloween update, that's why! If you play, add me at 'ewvanessa'! (Halloween update means I squish ghosts and haunt my neighbour's houses in this stupid addictive game and it's literally ruining my life because I have no attention span to study for tests)

What have you guys been up to as of late? Has school stress gotten to you? What have you bought for retail therapy? ʘ‿ʘ

30 comments

  1. amazing! free food processors! thats so awesome. I'm excited because I'm gonna be going to city line at the end of the month so yay!! :) thanks for sharing this post :D

    xoxo, charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, tell me how it goes and what you get! :D

      Delete
  2. Free food processor?:o Sounds fun!! I've always wanted to go to a talk show! I like that whale soap pump!:D
    omg halloween update?D: I got rid of app since it was consuming my life literally lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?
      GOOD THING YOU SAVED YOURSELF, I LITERALLY CANNOT GO AN HOUR (I mean, minus sleeping) WITHOUT PLAYING THIS STUPID GAME ;-;

      Delete
  3. OH. School stress, don't even. I'm up to my ears in papers, tests, and group projects with partners who slack. Sunday, I seriously could not write anymore and I needed to get started on another paper. I just couldn't get myself to type...so I went to Macy's and bought both naked palettes since stress makes me indecisive.
    So....reviews coming soon! Lol. Feel better, don't stress on soap pumps, there's also soap dishes, toothbrush holders...

    -Lillian at Mascaradise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, group projects are the worst. Everyone just slacks and someone ends up picking the pace (aka you)
      Hells yeah, school stress makes you take on dat ~yolo~ motto and buy all the things! I'D LOVE TO SEE MORE NAKED PALETTE REVIEWS :D (since I'm also deliberating on whether to purchase)

      Delete
  4. And here I thought you were just MIA because you were busy with school but it turns you were attending tv talk shows with your mom, scoring free swag and getting quoted in magazines ;p I once went to a taping of the Martha Stewart show and we didn't even get any samples of the food she made never mind a free food processor. Your sure mom knows how to pick the right shows XD

    Life has been fairly quiet for me lately but I'm fine with that. I did get the cutest sneakers :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ~party~ (solo party) too hard 4 skool (LOLjk :<)

      That's amazing though! I'd love to see Martha Stewart since that kind of stuff is my jam (cooking/baking, crafts, etc), but it's a shame you guys didn't get to try out the food! :( (#cheap)
      Yeah, we went to the season premiere of one of the talk shows, so maybe that's why we got fancier items?
      I do like sneakers! :D

      Delete
  5. The one talk show I'd like to go on would be the Jeremy Kyle show, its so ridiculously funny since it's about chavvy teethless alcoholics that argue about whether someone cheated on them or not... The arguments they have on that show is just priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to look that show up ;-;
      BUT OMG, I would too! (Basically like the Jerry Springer/Maury Povich equivalent)
      We could go together one day ;)

      Delete
  6. I love the hash tags at the beginning of this post! HAHA! That goldfish crackers looks awesome and colorful! I love it! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! I love those goldfishes too; the colours make it taste better! :D

      Delete
  7. Ahhahahaha this made me chuckle so much :')
    DATS SO AWESOME your names actually been published in the magazine! And excuse me please but that is not a s--t photo you look lovely!

    THE WHALE THE WHALE THE WHALE yey it's the cutest little soap dispenser I have ever seen in my whole entire life and gah it's lovely :')
    happybirthday to your adorable dog <3
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. o thx ;)
      YEAH, BUT SHAME NO ONE KNOWS WHO I AM OH WELL
      D'aww, thank you Iqra c:

      YES YES I AGREE! I did end up using it. Children always do seem to have the best soap pumps
      Thankyouthankyou!

      Delete
  8. i would have bought he two pumps too...and i use to love steven and chris when they had their design show, less a fan of their talk show though
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...see, I didn't even know they had a fashion show LOL. I went to the taping, and not gonna lie, it was my first time watching their show LOLLLLLLLLLLL SHAME

      Delete
  9. i have a question about soap pumps lol can you put hand sanitizer in them and they will work fine? like not get stuck inside the tube? :D btw i clicked on your instagram icon on the right side since i dont check twitter as much as i do with instagram but i saw that its empty? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they'll work fine! (as long as they're a liquid) I actually put face wash in my soap pumps because sometimes they come in annoying flip caps, so I'll decant them, haha. (my facial wash is pretty thick but it still works fine)

      YO, I MADE THAT ACCOUNT YESTERDAY AND YOUR COMMENT REMINDED ME THAT I HAVE AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT LOL...

      Delete
  10. Omg going to those sets mustve been so exciting and having your name in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was! It was nice to get caught up in tv filming magic c:

      Delete
  11. awww lol I've never heard of these talk shows before but it looks like you {kinda??} had fun??~~
    ohhhh that whale soap pump thingy is really cute~~
    never heard of doggy cake before!!!
    how to you make it????
    usually I just give my doggy extra treats on his birthday (≧◡≦)
    xoxx Charmaine
    charrmyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're Canadians shows so I'm not sure if they're aired elsewhere!
      The puppy cake was basically a powder cake mix, so you just add eggs/oil/water and bake in the oven like regular cake! :D
      (And yeah, I gave my dog extra treats too, haha!)

      Delete
  12. I love reading random posts like this. Oh my. They were giving out food processors like candies. Did your mum know about these freebies before this? I don't mind attending these day shows for the freebies. When I watch Ellen and The Oprah Winfrey show, I wondered how on earth shows like these could give out such expensive stuff like they were well, candies.

    You are famous! You got yourself quoted in Marie Claire. Wow! Ah, I like that fat Pusheen cat. The owl reminds me of Harry Potter somehow. I can already imagine how heavenly your candles from B&B would smell. I'm not even a bath and body person and the very first time I stepped into a B&B store in NYC, I felt that was my heaven. My sis is addicted to the Simpson game too and always getting people to add her. I watch Simpsons but I do not wanna get hooked onto another game.

    I hope you have been well.

    RYC:
    I love finding people who love Audrey Kawasaki. Are you intending to take bike lessons? That would be very cool. Do keep me updated on this! I don't have the support of my family and my hubby back then and hence learning on the sly. Hahaha... my intention was really to get to nearby places with the vespa, otherwise it would be the car or public transport for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      NOPE, we definitely did not expect them to give us food processors! AND SAME, I THINK THAT'S WHY WE'RE ADDICTED TO GOING TO SHOWS NOW- ALL THE FREEBIES!
      Sponsorship! Oprah/Ellen are sponsored by large companies, so they can give out decent freebies!

      Haha, I agree! Bath and BodyWorks is definitely heavenly in there, so many scents to choose from!
      THE SIMPSONS GAME IS VERY, VERY ADDICTIVE. In my opinion! It helps if your friends are also playing, because then you're addicted together!

      I haven't kept up with her work in years, but the way she draws faces is stunning! As I grow older, I'm a little reluctant to take lessons because I'm so used to driving in a car! Vespas are so cute and convenient!

      Delete
  13. That's so cool! I just saw The Steve and Chris show for the first time last week, it's exciting that you got to see the filming.

    Following you now :)

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because watching them film the show was the first time I saw an episode in its entirety...LOL...

      Thank you!

      Delete
  14. As a fellow Canadian, I find this all HIGHLY exciting!! I would totally let my mom drag me around to talk shows if she wanted to!

    Also, I have a cuisinart food processor and it is my little baby. I use it all the time for pasta sauce and hummus ;)

    xx -b.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty fun to see all the 'behind-the-scenes' action! c:

      LIKEWISE! I'm constantly in awe of what food processors can do! I should try making hummus in mine!

      Delete
  15. OMG so cool that ur name was in marie claire!!!!
    and your mom is soo cute!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SWEAR YOU'VE SEEN MY MOM BEFORE THOUGH

      Delete