The ~Retail Therapy~ Haul

Alternate names for this haul:
- The 'Wait, Where Did My Money Just Go?' Haul
- The 'DAF-Q HAPPENED TO MY INHIBITION' Haul
- The 'SCHOOL STRESS MADE ME BUY IT' Haul
- The 'So I-Fail-At-Academics-But-At-Least-I-Still-Have-Nice-Things-To Pawn-Off-In-Case-Of Homelessness-In-The-Future' Haul

I had a report and four midterms that jacked my ~swagger~ last week. You know, the usual ~crushing of self-esteem-and-dreams-and-aspirations~ university season. No biggie. (don't mind my sobbing in the background)

But thankfully, retail therapy exists. Though it doesn't do the wallet any favours in your panic-stricken state, you can't deny you feel 1000x happier with your new shiny thingamajigs, and much more motivated to study to justify your spending. It's a win-win situation! (...nobody cares about you, wallet...)

(I keep thinking I'm not one for consumerism, and yet here I am with a giant stash of stuff that's only justified because a lot was on sale and I practically have backups for my backups now omg ;-;)





1) I don't know about where you guys live, but it is absolutely freezing in Toronto. I went into Lush to browse but ended up taking 2 citrus bath bombs home for a little pick-me-up to keep warm. I picked up: 'The Enchanter' (lime and neroli) and 'Father Christmas' (satsuma).

(...If it isn't apparent, I have a weakness for citrus scents...'citron and guavaberry'...)


UHHHH, YEAH. IF THERE'S ONE PART OF MAKEUP I COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT, IT WOULD BE BLUSH.

2. ASOS had a Bourjois sale, so I snagged their 'Delice de Poudre' (52), 'Little Round Pot Blush' (Rose Frisson), and their 'Cream Blush' (Nude Velvet). Also, unpopular opinion, butI loathe their 'rose' scent.

3. Of course, I already did a swatch/review post of the Essence 'Silky Touch' blushes (here!), but of course, I did snatch them all up.

4. I am so incredibly fortunate to have a friend who works at Sephora (thanks, May!)(nothing like leaching off the hard labour of your friends, jk), so I managed to partake in the 'Friends and Family' event!! I snagged Tarte's 'Off the Cuff' blush palette for 20% off!

(If Tarte were a physical, living male, we would get married and have loads of babies. I ship it.)



5. Also from Sephora, I grabbed 2 bottles of Living Proof's 'Full Shampoo' for my mom. My mom complains of itchy scalp when using other shampoos, and I've bought a lot of other paraben/sulfate-free shampoos for her, but this shampoo seems to be the only one that doesn't cause her to itch. LIVING PROOF, WAT'S UR SECRET?!?!?! (also, y so expensiuuuuuu) 



6. Nivea had a new collaboration tub design with Giles Deacon, and since this moisturizer is part of my skincare routine, I snagged it. (i.e. I bought it for the limited edition tub. shameless)

7. Finally picked up a fall-appropriate lip colour, in the form of Revlon's Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie! I've had this for a month and it is such a beautiful, barely-there berry shade.

8. DID YOU KNOW MAYBELLINE MADE BRUSHES? Because I got giddy when I saw this brush at their Fall Collection stand. It's a Dual Tip Eyeshadow Brush, with one side for powder and the other for cream shadows. It's also incredibly soft!
EDIT: It's also cheaply made, one side of the brush fell of and I haven't even washed the brush yet....that's nice.


9. I ran out of soap at my house, and though I went into Bath and Body Works without intending to buy anything.....uhm, yeah....BUT IN MY DEFENSE, THEY HAD A 8 FOR $25 SALE ON SOAPS. SO #STEAL (My mom disagrees though, with #RIPOFF, to which I kinda agree with considering I could've gone to Walmart/Target for ~less fancy~ ~generic scented~ soaps)

I picked up: Vanilla Wish, Autumn Bouquet, Bourbon Peach, Peach Bellini, Kitchen Lemon, Mountain Air, Aqua Blossom, and Candy Cane Bliss. 

Sometimes fragrances derive from the most abstract things, eg. what on earth is 'mountain air'?????

GRATUITOUS SHOTS


______________________________________________________

I'll be doing swatches/a review post for the Tarte 'Off the Cuff' blush palette next, huzzah!

How are you guys dealing with school/work stress? Retail therapy? If so, tell me what you've picked up! ʘ‿ʘ

(This is originally supposed to be a tag post for ~school stress made my buy it~ type thing, but it would have had a weird haul/tag execution, so I apologize to my fellow members of the 'Small Beauty Bloggers' FB group who wanted to do the weird tag-haul thing! :( Also, the rest of you guys should join our group because it can be a riot sometimes)

P.S. ANYONE WATCH/IS CAUGHT UP ON OUAT/OUAT IN WONDERLAND BECAUSE I NEED MORE HARDCORE SPAZZING/SHIPPING/THINGAMAJIGS AND WE CAN DO ALL THE FANGIRLY THINGS VIA MY PERSONAL TWITTER @EWVANESSAURUS, K?

51 comments

  1. What a great haul and i'm loving your alternate names for this haul especially the dafuq happened to my inhibition hehe ;P

    xx
    www.beautifyinglifee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Inhibition happens to the best of us :(

      Delete
  2. just fell in love with your blog! <3 Definitely follow you!

    Great job
    http://simplepromise-simplepromise.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need that Tarte blush palette in my life! Right Now!
    It looks sooooo pretty!

    Margrét xx
    http://ml-corner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVERYONE NEEDS THIS PALETTE IN THEIR LIFE, HEH

      Delete
  4. Soooo jealous of that Tarte Blush set and those B & B works soaps! They smell sooo amazing! I wish I had some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll ship you some in a care package ;) (somedayyyyy)

      Delete
  5. This is an awesome haul gurl, awesome, I LOVE ZAT TARTE PALLET OMG I SHIP U GUYS TOO!!!
    if only it were a male ._. *sighs*
    the limited edition packaging is adorable :') I am the exact same you know, when stuff is on special offer it's simply impolite not to purchase! In fact the majority of my stash was bought due to special offers...tuts
    I also got tempted by Asos's sale with the bourjois! It's a slightly pricey brand in my opinion alone AND I WAS SO SHOCKED AT THE SIZE OF THE BLUSH??? ITS DIDDLY?! O_0 but I was pleasantly surprised at the pigmentation and also the little brush inside - its so soft ^_^
    The Blushing Giraffe| The Blog Loving
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF ONLY ;-; (we'd be the most cutest otp evur <333)

      LOL "impolite" is a strong word ;). Slapping 'limited edition' + fancy packaging on a product makes it more 'OMG MUST BUY B/C IT'S ~LIMITED~'

      YOOO, AGREED. TINIEST POT OF BLUSH, NOT SURE IF IT WAS WORTH THE $9 CDN DOLLARS I PAID, BUT EH, FIRST BOURJOIS PRODUCTS. Pigmentation is dead on though!!

      Delete
  6. haha the stress of school always forces me to turn to retail therapy! I blame the education system! lol
    I want that tarte blush palette...or the nars one.. or both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always blame the education system, especially when you're paying big $$$ to cry ;)

      BOTH IS GOOD :D

      Delete
  7. CAN I HAVE THAT TARTE PALETTE???? I'd totally ship you and MaleTarte, except I ship me and MaleTarte. OH WHAT DO WE DO????
    Living Proof is an amazing line, I've tried a couple of their samples and I just LOVE everything! HOW DO YOU DO IT LIVING PROOF??? x

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL NO EXCUSE YOU, MALETARTE IS ALL MINE ;))

      IKR, LIVING PROOF, WHAT IS IN UR POTIONS???

      Delete
  8. omg what a haul!!! i really want that blush palette but might just go for the narsxguy bourdin instead. and all those body shop soaps!! my mom loves them and i discovered a whole bag of them when i was looking for toothpaste. sneaky mom...will have to stealth bring one back to toronto for me to use LOL
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH, I want that palette too, but it's $72 aka mad expensive!!

      YES, TAKE ONE HOME AND INDULGE IN THE ~SCENTS~ :D
      (that's gonna be me in the future, bringing home weird toiletries from my parents' home LOL)

      Delete
  9. Wow!! I bet that felt good! You got some great deals & I LOVE that Tarte set :D Thanks for the post! xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't resist a good deal, unfortunately ;-;

      Delete
  10. That blush set looks so pretty!! Great haul!!:)
    I wanted to use my 20% off code on it, but got the Vice 2 instead. I need to catch up on OUAT in Wonderland. In OUAT i'm really hoping they get off neverland soon ._. Especially after what happened last night! I'm curious to know what will happen next! ( I don't have a twitter hehe ._.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EH, well, it totally depends on what you prioritize! I'm a sucker for blushes, so I knew I had to have it!

      DO IT. CYRUS IS SO ATTRACTIVE AND I CAN'T DEAL WITH ANYTHING AFTER BOTH SERIES AIR LIKE FEELS PUDDLE ;-;
      They get off neverland in the...10th? 13th? ep, iirc
      YOU SHOULD GET TWITTER! Much better than FB, imo

      Delete
  11. That Tarte palette looks DIVINE, I wish we could get Tarte in the UK! Also wildly jealous of the amount of soap, I've just run out of all my Bath and Bodyworks products from my last trip to the states, and now I have to wait til april to get more! Gahhh...

    Thank you so much for leaving your link on my blog, I love discovering new ones and yours is gorgeous! :')

    Jaye | bedinthekitchen.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NUUUU, Tarte should be sold everywhere, tbh u.u
      I SMELL A SOAP HAUL IN THE FUTURE :D (oh that pun)

      Nah, I'm just glad you've bothered to stop by! Thank you!! :D

      Delete
  12. Wow what an amazing shopping trip you must have had! Hope it made you feel much better!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, temporarily it did! And then I realised it made me poorer AHHAHAHA ._.

      Delete
  13. What an amazing haul! I wished we had Sephora and Bath & Body Works here in Aussie...
    Btw, I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it! New follower now (:


    www.chermaineho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (x2)
      Well, Aussie has some pretty awesome stores I'd like to hit up too, so :D

      Delete
  14. Fantastic haul and adorable pictures! I've been wanting to splash out on some retail therapy right now but I'm just so poor! Being a student ey. I'm also guilty of buying super fancy soaps for no reason but they smell so good and you know the price ain't bad either! Looking at your haul just makes me wanna go shopping!! Hope your products treat you well!

    edge-e.blogspot.co.uk
    Loves.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I know. The only reason I can engage in retail therapy is because of student loans, HAHAHAA ._.
      I agree, I can't help but buy so many soaps because of their scents! HOPEFULLY A CHRISTMAS HAUL IS IN ORDER ;)

      Thankyou!

      Delete
  15. I joined the group! hahaha and omg you bought a lot of things, school report must be very bad :( i find that the bigger my problem is the more money i spend on retail therapy. i offer my shoulder for you to cry on if you need :) and you bought more of those blushes! do you have all the colors now? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huzzah! -confetti in the air as initiation~
      Ugh, school is school I'm sure you've been through your own academic hell c:
      Ahh, that's too nice of you!! But I'M A ~SURVIVOR~ I AINT GON GIVE UP bllahblahmoreDestiny'sChildlyrics (but thankyou!)

      Nope, I just posted the review before the haul, haha c:

      Delete
  16. Ah the joys of retail therapy!
    Lovely post and you picked up some nice products there!
    Would totally love to try out the Revlon lip butters!
    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    Sheen
    http://goldenandsheen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try out at least one of the lip butters! :D

      Thanks for taking the time to stop by! c:

      Delete
  17. Answer:
    I love bathbombs as well, I'm just bad at using them up lol! The times when I can't have a spa day is the days I want them and when I can I'm not in the mood haha.

    Did you make your header yourself and if so, how? It's absolutely lovely!

    XOXOXO www.misszhara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, same! Which is why I keep a lot of bath bombs around...just in case....

      I made it myself, thankyou!! c:

      Delete
  18. Well well, that was some SERIOUS retail therapy :-) Nice haul! I got that same Father Christmas bath bomb, doesn't he look adorable? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DON'T MESS AROUND WHEN IT COMES TO SPENDING MONEY ;)) (unfortunately! :<)

      Ahh, yay! He does look adorable!! Too adorable to even use! :(

      Delete
  19. I went into Lush and brought the same father christms bath bomb, it smells amazing! I've nominated you for leibster award, you can check it out here: http://hannah--belle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-leibster-award-part-3.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLS YEAH IT SMELLS SO AMAZING. Dat citrus scent!! ʘ‿ʘ

      Thankyou!! I will check it out ASAP!

      Delete
  20. Bath and Body Works at 8 for $25??? Please fly me to Toronto! B&BW is a haven for me when I went NYC the last time round. I wiped many things into my shopping bag. I've a weakness for refreshing plant scent and very light powdery floral. I didn't have any therapy for my work stress but I find that coming home and not switching on my laptop but just lazily handling my iPhone in bed helps me relax. I haven't been shopping for a long time. And Xmas is the perfect excuse to shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it's a once in a while trip, so you might as well make the most of it! I like refreshing and light scents too c:

      Yeah that's true! I find that once I turn on my laptop I have too many internet options (aka face/respond to emails,etc) CHRISTMAS IS DEFINITELY AN EXCUSE TO SHOP!

      Delete
  21. Haha your intro to this post made me laugh! I am exactly the same EVERY time I go shopping, I just can't help myself, too many pretty things around! I have also recently purchased two Revlon Lip Butters (Sugar Plum and Red Velvet), I love them! And now I have my eye on the Tarte blushes!

    Great post, you have a new follower!

    Hope you have an amazing day <3
    http://mariannakhan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! ʘ‿ʘ
      TOO MANY PRETTY THINGS LAYING AROUND, UNFORTUNATELY. And if there's a sale on, even worse! :(
      I checked your post out and ugh, MUST BUY SUGAR PLUM. Huzzah for Tarte blushes, shame they're so expensive though!

      Thanksagain! c:

      Delete
  22. I have been eyeing that Tarte palette for over a month now...I don't need any more blushes (in fact I just purchased a new one recently...) but I just ADORE Tarte blushes! I'll probably do a School Stress Haul on my blog within the next week or so... it's amazing how much money you can plow through when you are stressed beyond belief....

    Hope you have a great day dear!

    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU CAN NEVARRRRRRRRRRR HAVE TOO MANY BLUSHES (jk, that's probably what will get me into 'blush rehab' in the first place....I mean if they had makeup rehab)
      I adore tarte blushes too! I've never owned one of their powder blushes, so this palette seemed the perfect entry!

      HELLS YEAH can't wait to see that! And I know right. It's a serious problem ._.
      Youtoo! c:

      Delete
  23. I love the alternate names! Hihi. So cool! That blush palette looks pretty! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! It's a gorgeous palette!

      Delete
  24. I laughed so much with the beginning of this post! I guess nothing feels better than retail therapy, right?? That Tarte palette is 100% eye candy. Beautiful products! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thankyou! :D
      I guess not, but it's nice until the bill comes ;)
      Agreed! The Tarte palette is divine!

      Delete
  25. Great haul! Oh man I wish I had a bath tub (and bath balms). I live in Pennsylvania now and I'm freezing and the news is saying it may snow tomorrow :(
    I keep meaning to go to Ulta so I can pick up an Essence blush. They looked so pretty in your review. I've been trying to avoid stores so I don't spend too much on myself before the holidays. Now if only all the stores would stop tempting me with sales and coupons :)

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A BATHTUB ;-; (bubble baths, bath bombs, I don't know how I'd live without a bathtub!)

      That is true!! But they are literally less than $1 at Ulta, so it ain't so bad ;)

      Delete
  26. NO. NO. STOP. You're tempting me when I have sworn off makeup purchases for the rest of the year...except for my Sephora Giftcard for $40 that I've been guarding with my life...
    Tarte makes some of the prettiest things out there. Their packaging is so cute and the palette looks perfect for travel to have different looks without all the bulky compacts.
    Le sigh.
    I was meant to be rich! Cause I think like a spoiled, wealthy person, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO (jk)
      UGH, guarding giftcards is definitely not my forte. I cave in like nobody's business, but STAY STRONG! ;-;

      We were both meant to be rich, yo. (SOMEBODY FIND ME A WEALTHY PERSON TO MARRY PLS)

      Delete