The Blogging Team


..........how long haven't I updated my blog???!

Even now, it feels weird typing up a post. But to be fair, it is finals season, which means I am getting my a$$ whooped by an army of essays, assignments, quizzes, and exams so don't mind me. :(
(4 more exams to go! + good luck to all my fellow undergrads/anyone else during a stressful work period!)

Anyways, I thought I'd ease back into blogging by showing you guys the ~teams of products~ I use to churn out my posts + fancy things on this site. And I gotta say, blogging is one hella expensive hobby. The financial expenses, time, effort and dedication/commitment is nothing to be scoffed at.

Onwards!


THE TECH TEAM


Welcome to my desk. It is poo-coloured. It's where I do most of my bullshtting on my essays.

We've got the basics:

  • HP laptop: very doge
  • Sony camera: A lot of you guys have been asking me which camera I use, so ta-dah! I use the DSC- w570
  • Bamboo tablet: Bought this a few years back when I was in my artsy-fartsy phase. How else do you think I made the blog header?
  • Sony Xperia J phone: NOT EVEN GOING TO LIE, IT'S THE POWERHOUSE OF THE TEAM. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and email alerts, ALL IN ONE PLACE!!
  • Photoshop CS2: to make photos super shiny

THE ASSISTANTS


Plate: Think of it as a plane, flying the models (aka the makeup products) to a tropical beach destination (aka the window) for photo shoots. Except a plate is, well, significantly more low-budget. 

(i.e.- I use a plate to carry products around the house to search for a good lighting site, ja feel?)

And of course, a Disney Princess notebook to jot down ideas for blog posts!

THE SECRETARY


DOG: "HELLO YES I CAN GRAMMAR"

THE MASTERMIND (...?)


Not even ashamed that I'm on my 3rd day hair, with no makeup, and in my Pocahontas pajamas. 
(P.S. this is how one is supposed to look like WHEN THEY ROLL OUT OF BED, DON'T LET THE ADVERTISEMENTS FOOL YOU)

Oh yeah I got a new camera.

YEAH I DID. MY FIRST DSLR TOO. MUCH EXCITE. (T3i/EOS 600D) 
(so I apologize for the lackluster photos in this post, I'm still trying to get used to the cam)


_______________________________________________________________________________

Quick post for today; I apologize for the lack of posting + blog visiting! :( Regular blog duties will resume soon! 
In the meantime though, what do you guys use to blog? (tea? coffee? Dancing every 5 minutes?)
(Also, in all seriousness, what cameras do you guys use? Because I feel like I get upset whenever I see nice pictures and bloggers don't list what cameras they use)

30 comments

  1. Omg this post LOL <333 I feel you I feel you, on the exam part. Arugh can't take that stuff no more. And OMGGG, I have a Bamboo tablet too, my arty phase was some serious level obsession, I tell you.

    And omg I need a furry secretary too I need one. T_T

    And I use a Canon Rebel ixs! Xsi? Isx? Either way, something like that. No idea how to use it, I just go bam bam bam done. ;o; sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH, EXAMS. Is it just me or does our school like to end exams late? :((
      USE YOUR DOG. WE NEED THEM TO STOP BEING SO LAZY U.U

      (I HAD TO GOOGLE THE CAM MODEL, AND UHM, 2FANCE 4 ME)

      Delete
  2. very funny, much haha, such comedy. this is actually one of the best blog posts I've read for ages, I'm not sure whether it's the doge references or what, but it's great, haha! the disney princess notebook is the cutest thing, oh my gosh. :')
    rachel. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'awww thanks! DOGE IS EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW. IDK Y.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh you're so funny, I'm sure Pocahontas approves of your morning look and I KNOW RIGHT?! Bloggers work their asses off because of their passion. We are the new age of self motivation!! (and secret procrastination...)

    Hope you stay this chirpy throughout your finals!!

    edge-e.blogspot.co.uk
    Loves.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OTHX :D
      UGH, hells yeah to everything--esp 'secret procrastination' I mean look how long it takes me to reply to comments ._.'' (But yeah, there is something about blogging that demands self motivation and some degree of perfection to our work :> )
      Thanks Joey! c:

      Delete
  4. i think i have the same pocahontas pjs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such cameras! Haha, I wish I had such amazing equipments as you do! X

    Yet Another Make Up Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VERY PROFESSNAL :D
      One day! (No need to have all this equipment, but it does offer flexibility c: )

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this peek behind the scenes! I love these types of posts since I'm such a nosey parker haha. The humor you injected is welcome as well and you have such an adorable secretary! Congrats on your T3i! I'm a Canon girl too! I use a 7D or my Fuji X100 for most of my blog photos. I'm Apple all the way on my computers though - iMac and iPad.

    Good luck on the rest of your exams!
    Rowena @ rolala loves
    Enter my Blue Nile necklace giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I'm always interested in what camera other bloggers use!
      AWW YISS, if we ever meet up we could have fun with each others' lenses :D
      (PFTTTT, APPLE)

      Thankyou! c:

      Delete
  7. Haha, how funny that you have a plate that you use to carry items around the house :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Otherwise I'd be carrying a whole bunch of products and accidentally dropping 'em on the floor!

      Delete
  8. this is a great idea for a post actually since i'm always curious about what people's set ups are. lol to your plate. i use my fruit bowl for the same purpose. except my fruitbowl has wholes and things tend to fall out and its super annoying
    glad to see you back on the blog!!! can't wait for more posts and SUPER UNICORN GOOD LUCK on all your finals.

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like whales! :D
      (Grab a new one from Target/Ikea?)
      And thanks! Hopefully I can keep a somewhat consistent posting routine from now on, heh
      THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU :D

      Delete
  9. Super cool post! :) I'm hoping to get that DSLR by the end of the month! I cannot wait!! :)

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I found this amusing. There is no way I'd put up a "just rolled out of bed" picture. My hair was a tangled, voluminous mess and I looked like I was punched in both my eyes this morning. I didn't go to bed with mascara, my dark circles were just particularly bad.
    This was a cute post, giving credit to all your hard workers :)

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, I figured I always look like a hot mess on this blog so I just went with it :D (no way I can humiliate myself further)
      But oh man, you make it sound like I have it lucky with my -rolled-out-of-bed- look, heh

      Thanks! c:

      Delete
  11. I laughed at the plate part! nice team! :) good luck on your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  12. was wondering where you beeeen. welcome back! :) btw i didnt expect that your desk would be so tidy, i was expecting to see lots and lots and lots of things maybe bec of the huge haul posts ^^ PS: i love the overly excited picture of you and good luck on the exams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ;)
      AND NOOO YOU ONLY GET TO SEE THE ~CLEANED UP~ DESK. All the other 'junk' I usually have on my desk = tossed on the floor temporarily, HEH (vanity is worse)

      Thanks Shayne! :D

      Delete
  13. bwhahaha omg vanessa you are soo cute!!! (≧‿≦) ♥♥♥
    omg you are like 1000000% more proffesional than me!! I'm not even kidding!!
    awww your doggy is soo cuteee [even if I'm only looking at his/her(?!) back~
    All I use is my mac + Phone + Camera + "Skitch" [to crop my photos]!!!!!
    I use a Nikon D7000 to film, just my normal samsung S4 to take photos lol~
    xoxx Charmainee

    charrmyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OTHX :D
    Her back, haha. Everyone mistakes her for a boy though!
    NIKON D7000 IS STILL PRETTY PRO THO. I wanted a Nikon instead of Canon, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE THIS POST. I saw this post WAY earlier then today...I guess it must've been on my phone and commenting on a phone sucks? idk. But love your blogging team! I kinda want a tablet to play with for Photoshop (but I would've used it more in high school when I was on Photoshop 24/7). CS2 is pretty nifty ^_^

    Yay for spiffy DSLR. I got the Nikon D5100 :B I think I finally got around to taking pics with it....now I need to get use to filming in it :B
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh I got a t3i recently and I'm still learning how to use itc:

    http://toth3stars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Messing around with the DSLR is hella fun!

      Delete
  17. HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS OMG FREAKING OUT THAT I MISSED YOUR POST, AS SOON AS I GET HOME I'M GOING TO GO THROUGH YOUR ARCHIVE WITH A FINE TOOTHED COMB!!!!

    WOOOOO YOUR CAMERA YAY CONGRATULATIONS!! I'M GONNA ORDER MINE TODAY TOO ^_^

    loved this post, gave us a little insight into the genius behind this fantastic blog, and your secretary is rather dashing might I add! well done on getting through Finals gurl!
    LOVED THE PHOTO, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL ^.^
    trust me most people couldn't do dat D:

    the plate/plane is rather fancy eh :3 me likey, and I like your disney book too AWH HECK I LIKE ALL OF IT :'D

    *breathes*
    I've had 4 hours of sleep so I do apologise for this haphazard comment but you're brilliant and so sorry I missed this post >_<
    xxx

    ReplyDelete