Raiding the Stash | Jenn from A Beautiful Zen


Having friends is nice. But having friends with makeup collections that rival or surpass your own? HEHEHEH NOW WE'RE TALKING. A few months back, I made the trip to Jenn's house (I feel like since then, I frequent there too often now), where we marathoned some TV (what else do you expect from someone who watches too much TV?) and swapped some pieces that we had wanted to try from each other's collection. 

To see what she borrowed from my collection, click here!


From her stash, I picked up the NARS Guy Bourdin blush palette (that I was lusting over at the time but couldn't justify the price tag), MAC's Mineralize blush in Dainty, and Stila's Convertible Colour in Poppy.

First of all though...HOLY SEX BOMBS THIS PALETTE HAS TO BE THE SEXIEST PIECE OF RUBBER AND POWDER...EVER. 5 MINUTES OF SILENCE TO STARE AT IT PLS. AND LET THAT BLUSH BONER DEVELOP.

Anyways, the shades included in this palette include (from left-right): Devotee, Mistinguette, Orgasm, Laguna, Deep Throat, and Goulue—which is nice because highlight + blush + contour in one place? And the classics from the brand?? AWW YISS. While the shades included are gorgeous, the pigmentation in this palette is a bit weak compared to my NARS single blush. Also...can it be true? I don't like the way 'Orgasm' looks on my skintone. Most of the time I opted for Deep Throat, which is a gorgeous golden pink, and is already on my 'to-buy' list, and Mistinguette, which is surprising because I don't normally gravitate towards baby pinks, but this one has made me a convert.

I also really like Laguna, which is gorgeous when applied with a stippling brush to contour. I will eventually pick it up...once I actually get into contouring and around to actually using up my 7-ish bronzers.


I've been wanting to try the Stila Convertible Colours for the longest time now, but was always grossed out by the amount of lint mixed in the display products at Sephora. Thankfully, Jenn had the shade 'Poppy', and I was ecstatic to try it out. Unfortunately, while the colour is gorgeous, it has to be the tackiest, most gummy formula I've worked with. Stiffer than my blush boner. On the upside though, this stuff lasts 5ever on the face. (It's currently still on my arm after 30+ hours of wear)

Having never owned a MAC blush, and having previously swatched 'Dainty' in-store and adoring the pale pink, I also nabbed this from Jenn's stash. Pigmentation is decent, shade is beautiful, and I might pick this up one day.

L-R: Stila's Poppy; NARS Devotee, Mistinguette, Orgasm, Laguna, Deep Throat, Goulue; MAC's Dainty
____________________________________________________________________________

On another note, I'M GOING TO SEE ESSIE BUTTON THIS WEEKEND WITH JENN AND STEPH (FUN SIZE BEAUTY)! Since Estee is doing a meetup here in Toronto and holy carps, ESTEE IN THE FLESH. (That sounds creepy, but whateves I AM EXCITE)

Any weekend plans? ʘ‿ʘ

No comments