The High End Favourites


STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE. (And by 'bottom' I mean drugstore products, and by 'here' I mean high end products)(IDEK MAN, IDEK)

A few weeks ago, I posted my drugstore favourites, so it was only inevitable that I do a follow up. These are the high end products I reach for the most often, and are definitely worth being repurchased by me until I realise I've become super broke and may need to sell off some organs to continue the 'looking ~b00tiful~' fund. 


On with the fun stuff - BLUSHES. I'm sure you guys are bored of me raving about the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes, as well as the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges and Chanel's cream blushes, but this is a PSA to get one of these three...preferably immediately. These three formulas are currently my favourites in my high end blush stash, which says a lot when you've got around 60(??) blushes.

Ever since Pauline sent me Tarte's 'True Love' in our swap, I have been in luuuurve with this beautiful light pink coral shade. Bobbi Brown's 'Hibiscus' is a beautiful red shade that dries down to a slightly dewy finish on the cheeks for a natural looking flush, while Chanel dries down to a long-wearing matte finish.


Truth be told, I'm still on the fence about Tarte's Clay Airbrush foundation—on one hand, I'm super oily, so by the end of the day when I have this on, I look 'glowy' and not greasy, but on the other hand, it's not 'full coverage' as it claims to be (light coverage at most), and is it worth the high end price tag? I am glad that I have it though, but I'm sure there are plenty of drugstore powder foundations that can do the same.

Sigma's f80 brush is the softest brush I own (WINGS OF AN ANGEL, MAN; WINGS OF AN ANGEL), and it applies the Tarte foundation beautifully. However, since it's so dense, it does take 5ever to dry, which is a hassle when you decide to put off brush washing until the night and need a clean f80 in the morning. (I do this so often it's practically self-sabotage) 

The NARS Radiant Creamy concealer is the bomb diggity. Worth the hype. Put a ring on it. Make little NARS babies.


I don't wear eyeshadow too often, but when I do, I either reach for Wet n Wild or Stila's 'In the Light' palette. Though not as versatile as my Lorac Pro, I actually reach for the Stila palette more often, as I prefer the lighter shimmery shades in this palette. (I adore Kitten/Bubbly in the inner corner and across the lid, and Sandstone/Gilded Gold along the lashline for a daily look)

To prime, I prefer Lorac Behind the Scenes primer over Urban Decay's Primer Potion, as I find the texture of the latter too thick and dry. Lorac's primer also glides on better, whereas I'm stuck trying to smear the living daylights out of UDPP.

And of course, who can forget about The Balm's 'Mary Lou-Manizer'? THIS STUFF IS PERFECTION—the texture is super buttery, pigmentation is insane, the champagne shade is practically universally flattering, and it beats a lot of other high end highlighters in terms of price and quality. I'll NEVER be able to finish this up unless I decide to highlight my other assets. -coughcoughcough-
________________________________________________________________________

And there you have it! Some of these were predictable since I talk about them often on the blog, but a majority of these really are tried and true.

What are your high end favourites? 

No comments