THE SUMMER FACE


Behold, my face in all its majestical summer-wannabe glory.

(This is one of those desperate moments where I realised I had forgotten to take corresponding photos with the corresponding video, hence the recycled selfie and the sht photo below)

HELLO THIS IS THE SUMMER VERSION OF MY FACE. THE ONE I TRY NOT TO SWEAT OFF AS I DO ~SUMMERY~ THINGS LIKE FROLICKING IN THE FIELDS.



THE RUNDOWN

A few months back, I was looking for a good facial sunscreen, so I asked my friend Pauline for some recommendations since she lives in Florida and pretty much goes through sunscreens like water (aka all the qualities of a sunscreen expert). One of her recommendations was Clarins' UV Plus HP, which is SERIOUSLY AMAZING. SPF 40, lightweight and dries matte in a flash, the only downside is its price ($41 CDN).

My friend who works at Sephora (aka friends with real benefits) gave me a deluxe sized sample of Murad's Oil Control Mattifier, so I've been testing that in my T-zone. Still unsure of how I feel about this, but I can definitely see/feel less oil production.

For the base, I dab NARS' Radiant Creamy concealer on spots/acne hyperpigmentation (aka half my face), and set everything with a dusting of Tarte's Amazonian Clay Airbrush foundation.

Rimmel's Stay Flushed (Pop of Pink) + NYX's Terracotta has been on my cheeks of late—Terracotta adds a gorgeous warm bronzy glow on the cheeks and UGH CHEEK OTP.

I usually don't slap anything on my eyes except a coat of Maybelline's the Rocket (waterproof), but when I want definition, I line my eyes with a dark eyeshadow and smudge that out for a #wokeuplikedis look.

TO TOP IT ALL OFF, THE PART THAT MAKES THIS LOOK SO SUMMERY—KORRES MANGO LIPSTICK IN CORAL. I'm starting to realise this might actually be my favourite lipstick...OF ALL TIME! (Which really isn't saying much because I have less than 10 lipsticks BUT WHATEVES) If there's one thing I love, it's a gorgeous coral, and the fact that this is (somewhat) sheer makes it perfect for my lipstick phobia tendencies.
__________________________________________________________________________

Jenn, Quinn, and I each did our 'everyday makeup' in video format, and I'd love it if you guys checked out their videos here and here!

(BUT SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE FILMING THEMSELVES DOING THINGS IS WEIRD)
__________________________________________________________________________

What are your summer makeup staples?

No comments