QUARTER LIFE CRISIS | I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH MY LIFE


So, I turn 22 today (I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M FEELIN' 22), and here's the thing—I have no idea what to do career-wise for the rest of my life.

Call it a serious case of quarter-life crisis, but I've gotten to a point in my life where I don't even have career plans for the future. WHO AM I? WHAT AM I? WHY AM I HERE? WHAT THINGS DO I ENJOY DOING? At an age where some of my friends/peers have already graduated from higher education, have careers, have boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses, and have expectations from what they want in life, I can't help but feel like a lost flobbering mess in this 'race'.

I can't be the only one who feels this way, right? I mean, the term 'quarter-life crisis' has its own Wiki page, but I'm sure most of you by now already know what general field you want to work in, or maybe you already have a specific career/position in mind. WHERE DO I SEE MYSELF IN FIVE YEARS TIME, BESIDES STUFFING MY FACE WITH FROYO??? IDK MAN, IDK. I also can't help but notice the societal fetish of defining an individual based on their income and sorting out degrees between 'useless' (arts, humanities, social sciences, etc) and 'important' (sciences, math, business, ....all other degrees Asians flock to), which is seriously degrading to those who are genuinely passionate about pursuing a degree in the arts/humanities/social sciences.

For those of you who don't know, I'm currently studying Anthropology in university, and for those unfamiliar, Anthropology is pretty much the study of humans (you humans are a fascinating species). Anthro is a social science, which means whoops, the struggle to find employment is real. Lord knows how many countless hours I've spent Googling "Anthropology jobs" or "what can I do with an Anthropology degree" and the number of times I've considered changing my degree to something 'of value'. It's disheartening when the issue of reality and income kicks in, but at the end of the day, I can't help but love all the things that this 'useless' discipline has taught me.
________________________________________________________________________

What was your dream job/career when you were younger?

Here's a fantastic read about livin' dat ~quarter life crisis~.

No comments