SLIGHTLY DISAPPOINTING SKINCARE

OH THE CONTROVERSY!!!

I feel like these three products/brands are well known (and loved) in the beauty blogosphere, and while I to a certain degree enjoy these products, each are slightly disappointing in their own way. Kids, blogger hype is where bank accounts go to materialistic hell.

AESOP PARSLEY SEED CLEANSING MASQUE

At nearly $50 for this 60ml tube, I expect to look like Jessica Alba when I rinse this off. ($50 IS EXTORTION)(and "masque" is such a pretentious spelling) I really do like that it smells strongly of lavender, is loaded with essential oils, and that it's not as drying as other clay masks, but at the end of the day, this mask is just pH 14 to me (i.e. 'basic') and not worth the price tag. (I TRIED TO MAKE A CHEMISTRY JOKE, NOW LAUGH) 

ANTIPODES DIVINE FACE OIL

I love Antipodes, I really do. I like how this $30 lightweight oil actually sinks in, unlike the other oils that just sit on your face like a clingy mofo. But what I don't love about this is that I don't find it to be the most hydrating, which is strange because you'd think a blend of avocado and rosehip oil would be super quenchy, right?? NAH. In the meantime, I'll settle for using this as a daytime moisturizer when I'm loafting at home. (Which is actually 4/7 days of the week wow I need a social life)

INDEED LABS HYDRALURON

Love at first application. Slightly less love at second application. Etcetc. Again, not the quenchiest despite being a tube of ~hydraluronic acid~, and as I started using it more and more, I really didn't notice much of a difference when I did use it, other than my face feeling tight after (IS THIS WHAT BOTOX FEELS LIKE???). Product also leaks into the cap when closed, wasting product (which is a plus in my book, because the faster this goes into my trash, the faster I can replace it with another fancy blogger hyped moisturizer)(it's like a never learn my lesson DON'T JUDGE ME).
_______________________________________________________________________

Any blogger hyped products that didn't cut it for you?

No comments