HOORAY, 2014 WAS NOT A TRAINWRECK!

I was ready to pass off 2014 as just another trainwreck of a year...until I realised, holy frickcakes, 2014 has to be of the best years of my life.

LET ME BREAK THIS DOWN, PROS AND CON STYLE:

PROS

1 | FINALLY FINISHED UNIVERSITY! (CON: Ah crud, I need to find a 'real' job now. It's like moving from one hellhole into a potentially worse hellhole)

2 | Traveled to the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, and France. Lugged around several pounds of camera equipment on the daily for a month, no biggie. (And I got to finally meet blogger buddies Jaye, Cherie, and Yige!)


3 | Speaking of meeting people, I met (and befriended) tons of bloggers this year, online and in real life, mostly because of the Canadian Beauty Bloggers network, attending PR events (I'VE MADE IT GUYS, I'M FAMEOUS NOW!!1!!!), and just making rounds on the internet. Finally met my homequrls Jenn and Steph IRL, and a whole slew of other bloggers I adore and talk to regularly.

Oh, and I MET ESSIEBUTTON AND PIXIWOO.

4 | Repainted and furnished the home office (i.e. my work space). I'll eventually get around to posting photos, but I must say, I'm actually quite proud of how everything turned out because the place looks very ~swaegity swaeg~ now.

5 | Reached over 600 followers on Bloglovin'...WHAT. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?? I seriously can't thank all of you enough, especially in my time of hiatus when y'know, you could have assumed I was dead and unfollowed (understandable). But heck, I don't even have 600 friends on Facebook (#l0ser), so I appreciate all the tweets and comments from each and every one of you :')


CONS

1 | SPENT TOO MUCH $$$$. 2014 Vanessa knew how to make it rain. 2015 Vanessa will be living in drought paying off her student loan, man. Looking back, who on earth even spends $40-ish on a moisturizer???? Repeatedly??? Since most of my makeup and skincare hoarding was done in 2014, most of 2015 will be about actually putting these products to use and cutting back on spending like the peasant I am.

2 | This is quite shameful, but I did not finish a single book in 2014, not even for school (that kids, is why Sparknotes exists). Luckily, I've already finished AN ENTIRE BOOK last week, so I'm off to a good start on that train.
_______________________________________________________

NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I'M OFF TO MAKE 2015 MEMORABLE

No comments