NOTHING'S QUENCHIER. IT'S THE QUENCHIEST!

Basically the only two face masks in my ginorous mask stash (well, ok, I only have nine masks) that I actually love and recommend to everyone/anyone.

(Also, if you don't get the title reference, you obviously have a great television series to jump on now)(As in, Avatar: The Last Airbender)


Of my mask collection comprising of nine masks, seven of them are clarifying masks while two are hydrating ones. And while I'm being honest, most of my clarifying masks suck (that, or my face is just a giant clogged mess that not even my clay masks can save).

I know these two masks have been reviewed to death in the blogging community, BUT THOSE ARE JUST REINFORCED PEER PRESSURE CHANTS THAT YOU NEED TO GIVE INTO.

Antipodes' Manuka Honey Mask 

With ingredients such as manuka honey, avocado oil, and vanilla pod (vanilla pod??), I slightly prefer this over Origins, just because it SMELLS FRIGGIN AMAZING (citrus-y vanilla) and less sickly sweet in comparison.

While it says to rinse off after 15 minutes, I find that really wasteful as I really don't notice a difference in my skin if I rinse it off that quickly, versus the longer I leave it on, the more impeccably soft 'I-want-to-touch-my-face-all-day-but-that-would-only-lead-to-more-acne' my skin gets (that marinade has gotta soak in, ja feel??).

ALSO, this mask claims to be "ideal for treating spots and blemishes"....LIES. I don't really notice any 'cleansing', but I suppose theoretically it's meant to, since manuka honey is 'antibacterial'...theoretically.

Origins' Drink Up Intensive Overnight

This apricot/peachy scented mask is stuffed with ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, mango butter, avocado and apricot kernel oils, and Japanese seaweed...damn. I find this more intensive/hydrating than Antipodes, but since I'm not a fan of the peachy-apricot scent, Antipodes is usually my go-to. While both masks are smooth and creamy, Origin's texture is slightly thicker than Antipodes.

I made the mistake of smearing this on thickly on my first use, which lead to an incredibly uncomfortable sticky/tacky residue on my face, aka, this works best in a thin layer. It does what it says—immensely hydrating even on the most stubborn of dry patches, calms the skin down and reduces redness, etc. It's sorcery.
____________________________________________________________________

I usually wake up with my dog trying to lick both these masks off my face (not the conventional breakfast in bed), but I find that Origins is better suited for super dry skin and as an occasional treat (1-2x a week?) because it is so immensely hydrating, and Antipodes is better for daily/more frequent use for normal/combination oily skin types.

*Antipodes is CF and the mask is Vegetarian Society Approved; Origins is owned by Estee Lauder which tests on animals

Favourite Masks?

No comments