THOSE FEBRUARY FAVOURITES

GUESS WHO'S EMPLOYED NOW?

I REGRET EVERYTHING. The struggle to wake up before 7am three days a week (part-time office job, thank god) is unreal, which makes me wonder how I did it daily back in highschool. HIGHSCHOOL VANESSA, U R INSPIRATION ;-; On the upside, instead of loafting 7 days of the week sans-makeup, I get to actually use up my makeup mountain to look 'presentable to the public', so here are the products I enjoyed slapping on this month.

NARS BLUSH | FINAL CUT

My first NARS blush purchase, this LE peachy orange blush from last year is subtle and hard to overdo. Thought I'd ease into peachier shades, since....UH, I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE TOO EARLY TO BUST OUT MY PINK CORAL BLUSH ARMY. (But srsly, I'm freezing my a$$ off here and seeing spring collections everywhere makes me irrationally angry)

JOUER MATTE MOISTURE TINT | PORCELAIN

Since upgrading this to daily use this month, I've been harping on about this base to anyone who would listen, but SERIOUSLY, I'M GOING TO BE AGGRESSIVELY HELPFUL IN SAYING YOU NEED THIS. Despite the name, it actually provides coverage and I can get away without setting powder due to the matte finish.

CLINIQUE CHUBBY STICK | WOPPIN' WATERMELON

A birthday present from Jenn last year, I was kinda like, "oh..." because NOT REALLY A FAN OF PINKS (SORRY JENN!!). However, she did say that it helped her ease into lipsticks + it's a great office appropriate product, so I stuck with it and I'm glad I did. It's nothing spectacular (basically a pink lip balm), but still an easy -throw on sans mirror- product.

KAT VON D | INNERSTELLAR EYESHADOW PALETTE 

EYESHADOWS. I KNOW, I'M A CHANGED PERSON. It's about damn time I put my palettes to use, and I've been enjoying Kat von D's Innterstellar this month (specifically the taupe/brown shades). A review will be up soon, but I was not expecting the formulas to be so damn buttery and pigmented (literally had no intention of buying makeup that day, but then I swatched this palette and was like, "YUP, GON NEED THAT" and proceeded to the cashier).


COLAB DRY SHAMPOO | LONDON*

Not gonna lie, when I get home from work, I just want to lay on the couch for hours on end. TOO LAZY TO WASH MY HAIR, TOO LAZY TO BLOG, ...never too lazy to watch TV though. I've resorted to relying on dry shampoo, and THIS IS HANDS DOWN BEST SMELLING DRY SHAMPOO I OWN. Not the most effective at absorbing oil, but Ruth Crilly is onto something here. Transparent formula (!!!), amazing scents ('London' smells bergamot, musk & magnolia...yeah, I have no idea what that combo theoretically is supposed to smell like either), and doesn't leave a gross gritty/matte residue in my hair.

(Shoutout to Batiste for making me look like a meth addict/Meryl Streep in 'Into The Woods' in this photo)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

*Press sample
Jouer, Kat von D, and COLAB are cruelty free; NARS and Clinique are owned by parent companies that test on animals

No comments