"YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY" | DISAPPOINTING PRODUCTS #2

MY NAME IS VANESSA NGHIEM. FOR THREE YEARS I WAS STUCK IN WITH A GIANT MAKEUP COLLECTION WITH ONE GOAL—USE SH*T UP.

(Non-Arrow watchers be like "??¿¿¿?¿??¿")(P.S. my last name is literally pronounced 'Nim' so don't go coughing up 'Ing-hi-em' or 'Knee-gheem' or something)

There are few products I actually like and dislike, while the vast majority are in the 'meh' section. It's rare that I actually dislike something, and even when I do, I'm all like, "BABY, I KNOW WE CAN MAKE THIS RELATIONSHIP WORK!1!" (No wonder most of my fictional OTPs are in dysfunctional relationships...sht) But anyways, here are a few products that make me go ಠ_ಠ

BOBBI BROWN BEAUTY BALM  |  LIGHT

An accidental $50 purchase because I somehow mistook this for the tinted moisturizer. Was I drunk????? I don't even know. On the upside, this BB cream is yellow toned, making it an even better match for my skin, and it's fairly decent at moisturizing. Consistency is on the thicker side (but still easy to blend), and it sheers out to a satin finish. So sheer that it's largely gone by midday even with powder on me. (Case and point: caught my reflection in the mirror a few weeks back after a 5 hour shift and wondered why my face looked like sh*t and was about to call my Jouer Matte Moisture Tint a traitor when I REALISED I HAD WORN THIS BB CREAM THAT DAY)

Anyways, I really don't see a difference between this and my $8 Maybelline BB cream. This product is kinda 'average' to me, but there are plenty of rave reviews for this, so I don't even know anything anymore.

SONIA KASHUK CREME SHADOW  |  DIAMOND + MOONSTONE

When I first saw these, I went, "WHOAH, DIDN'T KNOW SK DID SILVER LIPGLOSSES!!!" (#shedoesntFYI) Since Target is leaving Canada and is liquidating everything, I figured it was finally time to try one of SK's makeup products since they were so highly raved about and her brushes are my among my favourites (and y'know, discounted makeup). I can't speak for the other makeup items, but these liquid eyeshadows belong in the trash aren't as pigmented as I would have liked. I usually top them off with powder eyeshadow since they are on the sheerer side, but if you're looking for pigmented and decent liquid eyeshadows, I'd say go for Rimmel. (On the upside, at least SK's doesn't crease too much by the end of the day!)

(Comparison between SK's and Rimmel's liquid eyeshadows; CAN YOU SEE HOW PIGMENTED THE RIMMEL ONE IS?)

BENEFIT BOI-ING  |  01

The second high end concealer I ever bought...and I'm still not sure what it's good for. Sure, IT COVERS EVERYTHING, but WHAT'S THE POINT IF IT LOOKS CAKEY, CREASES AND IS EATEN UP BY MY FACE WITHIN HOURS??? I'm also finding that Benefit's products in general aren't really worth their ridiculous price tag.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Which products have disappointed you as of late?

(Also, I apologise for going radio silent as of late, HOME FURNISHING BE KEEPIN' ME BUSY, YO)(As y'know, seen on my Instagram)

No comments