VANESSA HAS A SPENDING PROBLEM | #OOAKS15

Otherwise known as "Vanessa can't get her sht together and is covering an event from three-ish weeks ago".

The One Of A Kind Show (OOAKS) is a biannual exhibition that's basically like Etsy...but in real life (i.e. independent businesses selling hand crafted everything/anything). I went with Jen and Jenn (heh, it's a Jennifer sandwich) as we all got media passes, and holy frickcakes a lot of damage was done because beauty bloggers are enablers and good god DO NOT SHOP WITH THEM.*

*(I lie, Jenn is actually very sensible)(I think I might be the enabler, actually)
________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, some photos from the show + links to shops!

LOVEFRESH | Body Products
CARBERRY SOAP | Various Soaps + SOAPS SHAPED LIKE CUPCAKES/PIES/CAKES!!
SEA AND LAKE | Paper Goods + Mugs
I spent wayyyyyyy too long in this booth because deciding what to buy was too difficult. I MEAN, WHY WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO TAKE EVERYTHING HOME?
CREATIONS LI | Ceramics
These mugs are flippin' ADORABLE and I wanted one but $$$ (;-;). On the upside, the ones with spikes double as weapons as Jenn reports that they're quite sharp!
ARTIFACT SKIN CO. | Natural Skincare
Based on packaging, you would never suspect that Artifact is an indie brand because their packaging is TOP NOTCH. They're still a fairly new company so they only sell masks and lip balms for now, but I'm EXCITED to see what they'll be releasing next!
_____________________________________________________________________________

Annnnnnnnd of course, the treasure hoard I brought home to collect dust (+ shop links):

NEW FAVOURITE STATIONARY STORE. Even though I don't really use notepads, their "Adult Status Achieved" quote is too damn relatable especially since I have a tendency to run away from my responsibilities (-coughcoughblogging-). 




I have been looking for a ~beachy~ print to put into the sidetable frame for weeks (contenders being this and this), but when I saw this print, I thought it was a different take on the 'beachy/sea' theme I wanted, and ayyyy, words to live by.

Since we all know that I love instant gratification (and therefore masks, heh), I picked up two masks from Artifact: Tahitian Vanilla Monoi and Bali Papaya Rice. The monoi mask is for hydrating and repairing, while the papaya mask chemically exfoliates and hydrates. They both smell AMAZING but not gonna lie, I actually haven't tried these yet beCAUSE I HAVEN'T PHOTOGRAPHED THEM PROPERLY YET, OK.


THE SILK PULP   |   QUEENIE'S CARDS

GREEN TEA CARD? MORE LIKE I'M FRAMING THAT SHT BECAUSE IT IS AN ADORABLE MASTERPIECE. 

ALSO, SHERI, THE 'SOYMATE' CARD IS COMING FOR YOU. (But seriously, Queenie's Cards has the cutest punniest cards)
_____________________________________________________________________________

#GirlGroupMaterial #MeLookingHaggardAsFuq (Thanks Jenn for the photo!)

Do you guys have any events like OOAKS in your city?

(Also, holy crudcakes, I know I promised to daily post a few weeks back, but I obviously couldn't and "HAVE FAILED THIS CITY" [Daph's literal words] and I doubt I'll be daily posting for this month either)

No comments