MAKEUP SWAP | SHERI OF BEHIND THE FRAMES

Sometimes I get jealous of the parcel boxes I ship out—I MEAN, THEY'RE MORE WELL-TRAVELED THAN I AM, AND WHO WOULDN'T WANT TO GET SENT OFF TO AUSTRALIA?

IF Y'ALLS DON'T KNOW WHO SHERI IS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LONG MISERABLE LIVES? Sheri, of Behind the Frames is a hilarious Aussieland babe who manages to make my jokes look like the subject of cricket chirps. And of course, because she is ~ever so considerate~, she deliberately chose cruelty-free products to send over, mostly revolving around skincare.

Here's the rundown of what she packed:

Dirty Works | Pore-fect Face Scrub

Haven't tried this yet, but I can't remember the last time I bought a physical exfoliator for my face. Or used one. That's probably why my skin is in a perpetually trainwreck state all the time. WELL, THIS ONE SMELLS AMAZE so hopefully it encourages me to scrub more often!

NARS | Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in 'Cruella'


I FINALLY OWN A NARS LIP PENCIL. I'M A COOL KID NOW, EVEN THOUGH THE ODDS OF ME WEARING THIS GORGEOUS RED SHADE OUT THE HOUSE IS 0.01%. (Sidenote: why do people insist on sending me red lipsticks in swaps I MEAN COME ON GUYS WHAT IS THIS, SOCIAL PRESSURE?)

Models Prefer | Soft Touch Mineral Blush in 'Spring Fling'

A while back, Sheri tipped me off that Priceline was having a 40% off sale on cosmetics, which meant ANOTHER OUTLET FOR PROCRASTINATION a chance to look at the makeup prices in Aussieland.

And good lord, this was my face the entire time: 


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In the end, I chose something I knew I'd like: a blush. In my usual safe shade choice (pink-y coral), so I mean, the only way this blush could disappoint is if the formula is chalky. Or worse, scented.

EDIT/UPDATE: AH CRAP, IT'S MUCH PINKER AND GLOW-IER THAN I EXPECTED. (Still a gorgeous shade though ;-;)

Puretopia | Purify and Revive Deep Cleansing Clay Mask

Haven't tried this yet, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Puretopia is an Australian brand I haven't heard of before. This mask is sulfate and paraben free, and I HAVE FAITH IN YOUR CHOICES SHERI. THIS MASK BETTER WORK OR ELSE WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS ANYMORE.

Sanctuary Spa | Thermal Detox Mask

Apparently a blogger fave, I hadn't tried a thermal mask prior to this one. And I have to say...it was a weird sensation. It was comparable to smearing on warm melted chocolate on my face, and I'm not sure if it did anything? Will continue testing though.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

VERY EXCITE ABOUT EVERYTHING, SO THANKS SHERI. Although, realistically, you could probably wrap and send me toilet paper and I think I'd still be excited about that (mmm yes, Australian toilet paper, how exotic).

Make sure you check out Sheri's blog and post on what I sent her!

No comments