PLS DON'T MELT | THE SUMMERY CORAL FACE

Another "FUQ U, SUMMER" post featuring orange-y corals, my messy hair, and me roasting in 30+ degree temperatures.

Summer makeup for me usually goes two ways: the bare minimum which makes it easy to wipe my sweaty face (concealer + blush) or slapping on a completely new face while blotting every hour and regretting my life choices (sunscreen, mattifier, tinted moisturizer, concealer, blush, eyeshadow, mascara, highlight, 50 trillion pounds of powder, etc). Today, we're going to focus on the latter, because we all know I like to self-sabotage myself farrrr too often for temporary gain (in this case, lookin' hella cute ;)))(but seriously, shoutout to everyone else who makes the amazing life decision of marathoning tv shows during exam season ;-;).


PRIME TIME  |  Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier + Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion

While Murad's Mattifier doesn't keep me completely matte (my oil production, much like the Kardashians' fame, is unstoppable), I do think it reduces the amount of shine on my face by the end of the day compared to just using a setting powder. I dab this along the tops of my cheekbones (my cheekbones are literally the shiniest part of my face by the end of the day), on my forehead, nose, and chin.

And though I haven't found a face primer that I like yet, EYESHADOW PRIMERS ACTUALLY WORK and I'm currently trying to finish up my mini tube of UDPP.

ABOUT THAT BASE  |  Jouer's Matte Moisture Tint + NARS Radiant Creamy concealer/Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer

/Professes undying love for Matte Moisture tint and its' beautiful satiny-matte finish while also serenading NARS' Radiant Creamy concealer for being so damn long-wearing on blemishes while juggling Collection's concealer as a hot mistress on the side because it's as wonderful as the NARS concealer at a fraction of the cost/

/...but also slaps + presses on a lot of setting powder to lock everything in place/


WHOLE LOTTA LASHES  | Maybelline's 'The Rocket' + 'The Colossal'

Hopefully "The Rocket" needs no intro here, but among my waterproof mascaras, I find that this smudges the least on me. The more coats, the better. "The Colossal" for my lower lashes. ୧། ☉ ౪ ☉ །୨

ORANGE-Y CHEEKS + LIPS  | Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in 'Tipsy' + Korres Mango Butter lipstick in 'Coral'

Though 'Tipsy' looks quite pink in the first photo, it's actually an orange-y/peachy coral AND I GET THE HYPE FOR THIS BLUSH NOW. It's ridiculously summery, and it makes me want to buy more orange blushes (though realistically, someone needs to put a blush buying ban on me). It doesn't oxidize, and I find that the formula melds really really well onto my skin compared to other blushes with a more powdery formula.

Korres's Mango Butter lipstick in 'Coral' is a lipstick I always default back to in the summer (also seen here), and I just think it looks wonderful paired with Tipsy. It's sheer and hydrating, and I'm just gonna pile on all the corals ◦°˚\(´°౪°`)/˚°◦

(And if I feel like it, several dabs of Benefit's "High Beam" along the cheekbones so I can pretend to be a bombshell as I find cream/liquid highlights meld better and look less cake-y by the end of the day)

*Benefit, Maybelline, and Korres are not cruelty-free; Tarte, NARS, Urban Decay are cruelty-free but parent company tests on animals; Collection Cosmeticcs, Murad and Jouer are cruelty-free
______________________________________________________________________________________

This post is in collaboration with Jenn of Procrastinating Pretty and Roxy from The Classy It Girl, except they FILMED VIDEOS AND THEIR CONTENT FOR THIS "SUMMER" THEME IS 1000x BETTER THAN MINE.

But do check out Jenn's post + video here and Roxy's video here (but you should watch them BOTH BECAUSE I'M IN THEM AND YOU CAN SEE WHAT BUZZKILL I AM IN THE SECOND VIDEO)

GIVE ME SUMMERY LIPSTICK RECOMMENDATIONS

No comments