EYES ON WET N WILD

A lot has happened since my last post, but most importantly, I finally followed DJ Khaled on Snapchat. (I mean, irrelevant but Wet n Wild??? SPECIAL CLOTH ALERT. THEY DON'T WANT US TO HAVE AFFORDABLE MAKEUP, SO WE GON' HAVE AFFORDABLE MAKEUP. DON'T EVER PLAY YOURSELF)(IDK anymore, guys. I can't stop)

Anyways, I was recently fortunate enough to attend an event for Wet n Wild's new product launches (I've made it, guys!) and they have tons of new stuff coming out—EYESHADOW PRIMERS! SETTING SPRAYS! VELVET MATTE LIP PENCILS! EYESHADOW TRIOS! EYELINERS! BRUSHES!!! JUST NEW EVERYTHINGS. EXCITE!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't take too many products home, but I thought I'd spotlight and do quick mini reviews under 'hit', 'miss', and 'ok' for the eye makeup products I did take home. And, uh, because I can't stop quoting DJ Khaled, uh, there's going to be a lot of his lines in here. ~*~FAN LUV~*~
________________________________________________________________________________________


WE THE BEST (HITS)

PHOTOFOCUS EYESHADOW PRIMER



This is the only drugstore eyeshadow primer I've ever tried, and not gonna lie, I'm impressed. There's 10ml of product housed in a plastic tube, and consistency reminds me of Lorac's eyeshadow primer (Behind The Scenes)—it's thin and easy to blend out, is transparent and leaves a smooth matte texture on the lids, but is a bit drying. I've tried this under Wet n Wild's eyeshadows and shadows from other brands, and no sign of creasing even after rounds of archery tag. I like that, I like that.

STUDIO EYESHADOW PALETTE   |   COMING IN LATTE



This palette contains a dual ended eyeshadow brush and ten eyeshadow shades, with a mix of warm and cool tones in different finishes. The shades in here are quite pigmented, blend well, but vary in texture. Some are more buttery than others, but GOOD LORD, THE MATTE SHADES ARE REALLY PIGMENTED AND CREAMY AND NOT CHALKY AT ALL. BLESS UP. Personally, I can't see myself ever using the gold and orange shades since they're too warm for me, but I'm really loving the cooler tones here. The packaging does feel very plasticity though, and there's no mirror in this palette.

I also found out that this palette *technically* isn't new—it's repackaged from Wet n Wild's Fergie line. If you're looking for more reviews on this palette, the original palette name is 'Milano Collections'!

(Used shades 7 + 8 and the Graphic Marker liner in this photo)

MEGALINER


(SORRY FOR THE GROSS CLOSEUP OF MY SUPER DEHYDRATED SKIN I'M SO SORRY)

Megaliner isn't new, but they recently repackaged and reformulated and MAJOR KEY ALERT—I'M IN LOVE. The black liner is so opaque, so fluid, and so easy to manipulate that it takes me almost no time to get my winged liner done. It dries matte, but the only problem with this liner is that it transfers quite quickly and badly, even if your lids aren't oily. This actually isn't a problem for me though, since I always prime my lids, but if you're looking for a one step process, this isn't it. PRIME. A LOT.

They also have different shades (purple, blue, and brown) which is pretty great considering the lack of coloured liquid liner options at the drugstore. I personally found the coloured ones a bit harder to work with as they're less opaque and fluid, but the end result is still not bad.

(See the purple shade [Electric Purple] in action here)

MAX VOLUME MASCARA 



This mascara claims 10x the volume, but let's be honest, all mascara claims are bullshit and I'm happy as long as my lashes look nice. (200x THE VOLUME! 250x THE LENGTH!! 1100% OF ME NOT GIVING A FK!!11! ⊙ᴗ⊙)

Annnyways, I do quite like the volume from this mascara. It also holds a curl well, though I do experience minor smudging (no flaking though) at the end of the day despite the waterproof formula. The bristles are plastic and since the brush is tapered, I can easily get at the inner and lower lashes. Overall, a mascara that I really enjoy!
_______________________________________________________________________________________


THERE WILL BE ROADBLOCKS BUT WE WILL OVERCOME IT (OK PRODUCTS)


MAX FANATIC CAT EYE MASCARA


...I just realised the wand and the packaging is very similar to L'Oreal's Voluminous Butterfly mascara. Possible dupe, maybe? Anyways, THE LENGTH THIS MASCARA GIVES ME. Except, my lashes can't take the weight and quickly droop after application. THIS IS WHY I CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS. (I'm also wondering if my lashes would droop less if the formula was waterproof) It might just be my lashes though, as most other reviewers seem to enjoy this mascara.

The plastic brush is asymmetrical, with one side being fan shaped. I find that the fan side makes it easy to comb out lashes and apply mascara to the bottom lashes. The formula is on the wetter side though, but I didn't experience any flaking or smudging. Plus, since the formula isn't waterproof, it was quite easy to remove in the shower (which, I accidentally discovered).

TURN UP THE VOLUME MASCARA



For a mascara named ~"TURN UP THE VOLUME"~, well, this is more like "TURN UP THE VOLUME by like, maybe a few bars because it's 10pm and we don't want the neighbours yelling at us" (IDEK, man).

Anyways, not the best, not the worst either. It's a natural looking mascara that offers more length than volume. Formula isn't waterproof, which makes it easy to remove.

GRAPHIC MARKER EYELINER



I loved the idea behind this liner because "thick marker tip = less time spent lining my eyes!!1!!1!", but there is a bit of learning curve involved since the tip is so thick. What's great about this liner is that I can use the flat tip to stamp on a straight line for the wing and stamp the liner along my lash line, but getting into the inner corners of the eyes is a bit tricky due to tip size. Getting the curves of winged liner down was also tricky because ~TOO LINEAR~. The felt tip is rigid, which allows for good control, but otherwise it could be a bit softer as it does feel a bit rough at times when dragged. 

Formula wise, these dry matte and are pretty long wearing even without primer on my dry lids.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

STAY AWAY FROM THEY (MISSES)

ON EDGE LONGWEARING EYE PENCIL   |   TO MY YANG

This review is for the white shade (To My Yang) only, since it was the only one I picked up. 'To My Yang' has a pearly sheen to it and contains very fine shimmer. I can't speak for the other shades, but while the texture for this liner is really smooth and creamy, it applies a bit sheer and it takes multiple passes to get full opacity. Ain't nobody got time fo' that, especially considering the numerous and better white liner options available at the drugstore.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

TL;DR: Go for the eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow palette, and the Megaliners. Mascaras vary and graphic liners are just ok. Skip the white 'On Edge' eye pencil.


WELL, that was a marathon. Speaking of marathon, I finally gave into the "How To Get Away With Murder" hype and Viola fuqing Davis. What have y'all been watching?

*Wet n Wild is a cruelty free brand
**All products featured in this post are press samples

No comments