MAKEUP MISTAKES I'VE MADE


I know I may look perpetually flawless these days (#humblebrag), but that's because I spent years looking like a hideous trainwreck figuring #how2makeup. Here are some of the cringe worthy experiments and moments I've experienced over the years.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

1 | Smokey eye? OPAQUE UNBLENDED BLACK EYESHADOW ALL OVER THE LID.

I also had the audacity to ask my brother how I looked. That, uh, didn't really go well. For obvious reasons.

2 | EYESHADOW? BLENDING BRUSH UNNECESSARY.

I used be skeptical of blending brushes when I first started blogging, because how many eyeshadow brushes does one even need?? It wasn't until I bought the Naked palette and started using the fluffy side of the included dual eyeshadow brush that it all clicked. Would've also been super helpful for blending out that opaque black eyeshadow. 😏

3 | Pale skin tone? I *must* be the first shade across all foundations!

#how2undertone?¿???¿¿?

4 | Poured too much foundation on the back of my hand? WELL DAMN, CAN'T WASTE FOUNDATION NOW, CAN WE? 
-slathers foundation all over the face in layers-


5 | Small pimple on my face? -slathers foundation all over the face in layers-


6 | Concealer and setting powder are unnecessary acquisitions. A good foundation should do everything. -slathers foundation all over the face in layers-

My skin was much more oily back then, so my face would've probably been shinier than Saitama's bald head by midday.

Sixteen year old Vanessa. That face and neck foundation mismatch. That ~beautiful glow~. That ~slight heavy handedness~ with the foundation. (This isn't even my worst 'caked on foundation' photo. Gotta preserve some dignity, ya know?)

7 | Foundation transferred onto friend's shirt? DENY EVERYTHING.

-continues slathering foundation all over the face in layers-

8 | Spidery lashes? Well, can't be the mascara's fault because I paid a whole $5 for it!

Actually, looking back, THERE ARE REALLY GOOD $5 MASCARAS AT THE DRUGSTORE THESE DAYS LOW PRICE POINT IS NO EXCUSE FOR PISS POOR QUALITY.

9 | Face wash: Removes sweat, oil, and 10 layers of foundation!

Nah, fam. NAH.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

But seriously, even though I wasn't very adventurous with my makeup back in the day, foundation was clearly the bane of all my makeup issues. No one can possibly look good under an opaque layer of foundation. NO ONE. Pair that with my rookie eyeliner skills and spidery lashes, and I'm sure some of my friends are questioning my outcome as someone who now writes about *~*~makeup~*~*.

What are some of your makeup ~ragrets~?

No comments