FOR MY DRY DEHYDRATED SKIN

For when my skin is thirstier than a Justin Bieber fangirl.

On my quest to get skin "brighter than my future"™, I played around with layering 7 (seven...s e v e n!) skincare products on a nightly basis this past winter, and it actually did pay off—my mom at some point asked if I was "drinking more water", which I suppose is the highest compliment she can give. (Mom's logic = if you have an issue, water will ~✨magically✨~ solve them all. Acne? Drink more water. Hate your boss? Drown them.)


Anyways, my skin was quite hydrated for a while after committing to a few products in a routine, which led to a reduction in redness and hella soft skin✨. Here's the skincare menu, in the order in which I used them in after showering:

THE ORDINARY   |   HYALURONIC ACID 2% + B5
MARIO BADESCU   |   FACIAL SPRAY WITH ALOE, HERBS, AND ROSEWATER
TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL   |   PUMPKIN SLEEPING PACK
DR. JART   |   CERAMIDIN CREAM

*PAI   |   BIOREGENRATE OIL

A really great way to gently exfoliate dry skin, I've found, is to wash your face while showering, wait for the skin to soften up a bit, and rub the flaky areas with your fingertips. Too Cool For School's Pumpkin Sleeping Pack is definitely one of the best spontaneous purchases I made while in Korea, and I prefer it over Laneige's, mostly due to the more affordable price and hygienic packaging. I find the hydration to be the same/perhaps even more moisturizing. Dr. Jart's Ceramidin cream is some heavy duty sh*t that allowed me to make facial expressions when my skin was drier than the Christmas turkeys I roast annually for my friends, so I used it over areas that were seriously dry and needed Jesus all the help it could get. Texture is a bit thick and smells herb-y, but it does get absorbed by my skin...eventually. Now, I just gotta sort out my summer skincare routine and report back in winter. 😞

*(Truth be told, I didn't use PAI's Bioregenerate oil that often, but it's still worth a mention because it's one of the best oils I've tried for restoring balance to the skin!)

I'm always on the hunt for intensive but lightweight moisturizers that sink quickly and leave little to no residue. Any recommendations? 😊

No comments